- Humidification, Filtration and Sound Attenuation Benefits of Rigid Media Direct Evaporative Cooling Systems While Providing Energy Savings. Periannan, Vijayanand // ASHRAE Transactions;2013, Vol. 119 Issue 2, p1
Mankind has known the Evaporative Cooling Technology for a long time. However, Direct Evaporative Cooling (DEC) systems have been greatly under utilized by the HVAC industry, in part because of the concerns regarding the negative effects of these systems on the Indoor Air Quality (IAQ). On the...
- Updated Chillers Give Comfort, Hospitality. // Air Conditioning Heating & Refrigeration News;2/4/2013, Vol. 248 Issue 5, p18
The article focuses on the purchase of two cooling towers of Davis Memorial Hospital in Elkins, West Virginia to support its two 300-ton Carrier chillers to overcome recurring heating, ventilating, and air conditioning (HVAC) performance problems related to cooling tower.
- CO2 Showcase For Ice Rinks, Pools. HEON, KATERI; GUERRA, PIETRO // ASHRAE Journal;Aug2015, Vol. 57 Issue 8, p62
Optimizing energy consumption was the main focus of the Dollard-des-Ormeaux Civic Centre renovation. The energy-efficiency program was built on the Co2 refrigeration system, which provides increased cooling power for the ice surfaces and heats the building with heat recovered from the...
- Choosing the Right Makeup-Air Unit. Tinsley, Robert W. // Heating/Piping/Air Conditioning Engineering;Nov2004, Vol. 76 Issue 11, p66
Presents information on factors to consider in selecting make up-air unit. Heat exchanger of indirect-fired makeup-air unit; Rate of combustion efficiency of direct-fired makeup-air unit; Heat sources for makeup-air units; Cooling methods of the unit; Dehumidification methods of the unit.
- Indirect cooling technologies. HAINES, STEPHEN A.; FREEMAN, JAMES A. // Plant Engineering;Apr2014, Vol. 68 Issue 3, p54
The article focuses on the application of indirect evaporative cooling systen in the heating, ventilating and air conditioning (HVAC) industry due to its lower energy consumption and has no chlorofluorocarbon (CFC) refrigerants. Topics discussed include the difference between the evaporative...
- Measurement and Correlation of Frictional Pressure Drop of R-410A/Oil Mixture Flow Boiling in a 7 mm Straight Smooth Tube. Haitao Hu; Guoliang Ding; Wenjian Wei; Zhence Wang; Kaijian Wang // HVAC&R Research;Sep2008, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p763
Two-phase frictional pressure drop characteristics of an R-410A/oil mixture flow boiling inside a straight, smooth tube with an outside diameter of 7.0 mm were investigated experimentally. Experimental parameters include an evaporation temperature of 5ï¿½C, mass fluxes from 200 to 400...
- Untitled. // Supply House Times;Jan2004, Vol. 46 Issue 11, p30
Presents the winners of the 2004 AHR EXPO innovation awards. Heating; Cooling; Refrigeration; Ventilation.
- Don't Get HOT Under the Cabinet. Edwards, Kirk // Process Cooling & Equipment;Apr2012, p10
The article discusses the importance of providing vortex tube-based cabinet cooler systems with cool and clean environment to operate. It notes the advantages of using the system since they provide low cost and reliable way of cooling, as well as ease of installing. However, it advises to keep...
- Optimimum cooling and efficiency in datacentres. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Sep2014, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p22
The article discusses the importance of optimum cooling and efficiency of heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems in data centers. Topics covered include the importance of data centers to businesses in Great Britain, health and safety risks associated with cooling tower...