Using Advanced Search Tools on PubMed for Citation Retrieval
- Anamneses-Based Internet Information Supply: Can a Combination of an Expert System and Meta-Search Engine Help Consumers find the Health Information they Require? Honekamp, Wilfried; Ostermann, Herwig // Open Medical Informatics Journal;2010, Vol. 4, p12
An increasing number of people search for health information online. During the last 10 years various researchers have determined the requirements for an ideal consumer health information system. The aim of this study was to figure out, whether medical laymen can find a more accurate diagnosis...
- Combining classifiers for robust PICO element detection. Boudin, Florian; Jian-Yun Nie; Bartlett, Joan C.; Grad, Roland; Pluye, Pierre; Dawes, Martin // BMC Medical Informatics & Decision Making;2010, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p29
Background: Formulating a clinical information need in terms of the four atomic parts which are Population/Problem, Intervention, Comparison and Outcome (known as PICO elements) facilitates searching for a precise answer within a large medical citation database. However, using PICO defined items...
- HOT DATA -- Too Hot to Handle? Quint, Barbara // Information Today;Nov1995, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p7
The article focuses on the recent trends in the database management. Traditional online services often give the impression of living in a Masterpiece Theater world, a world of fine books finely transcribed for fine British actors speaking fine British English. For one thing, it looks too darn...
- The Elusive Un-Client. Quint, Barbara // Searcher;Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p4
This article muses about the role intermediated searching can still play within the database searching work environment. Historically, the era of intermediated searching did contribute to the rise of, and quality in, the current universal online. It parallels how the appearance on inadequately...
- Handsearching still a valuable element of the systematic review. Richards, Derek // Evidence-Based Dentistry;Sep2008, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p85
Data sourcesThe Cochrane Methodology Register, Medline, Embase, AMED, Biosis, Cinahl, LISA, and Psycinfo were consulted along with researchers who may have carried out relevant studies.Study selectionStudies were considered eligible if they compared searching by hand with searching one or more...
- Le Monde Now Available Through Dialog. // Information Today;Jun2003, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p3
Reports on the availability of the French newspaper 'Le Monde' for electronic searching and article retrieval through Dialog NewsRoom, an online database. Scope of its news sources; Range of services offered by the DialogNewsRoom.
- Tahj's top ten tips for safe surfing. // U.S. Kids;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 11 Issue 5, p29
Presents the tips for safe computer surfing. Benefits of keeping the password private; How to treat others online.
- GoTo integrates search results into affiliate sites. Kuchinskas, Susan // Adweek Eastern Edition;6/7/1999, Vol. 40 Issue 23, p46
Reports on online search service GoTo's extension of its Search Syndication Network product in the United States. Inclusion of search capabilities into affiliated web sites; Online search options.
- Answers.com and Xrefer. Tomaiuolo, Nicholas G. // Searcher;Jul2005, Vol. 13 Issue 7, p44
This article compares the Answers.com and Xrefer Web-based ready-reference information resources. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to afford subscription databases, regardless of their usefulness and flexibility. Librarians and others who can make the case for an easily searchable...