Year-End Deadline for Authorization of D.C. Ballpark Bonds
- Stadium Machinations. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;1/7/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31795, p29
Reports on the approval of a resolution by the city council in Minnesota. Promotion of the renovation of the Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome; Assessment of the financial proposals for funding a new stadium.
- Philadelphia OKs Lease Between Teams and Development Authority. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;02/05/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31070, p1
Reports on the Philadelphia City Council's approval of the stadium lease agreements between the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development and the city's football and baseball teams, the Eagles and Phillies. Estimated cost for the stadium project; Council's introduction of a capital...
- SPORTS. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;11/16/2007, Issue 323789, p6
The article reports on the approval granted by the Fresno City Council in 2007 for a $4.2-million bond that will be used for the renovation of the Selland Arena in Fresno, California. The sports facility is undergoing numerous improvements to prepare for the Fresno Falcons hockey team's return...
- Oldham faces new riot threat. Conrad, Mark // Public Finance;10/10/2003, p17
Reports on the reaction of the Oldham Metropolitan Borough Council to a working paper on public finances released on October 2003 in England. Warning posed to the council of the possible racial disturbances within the area; Identification of areas of consideration which Oldham is facing;...
- Welsh Affairs Select Committee to investigate Denbighshire. // Public Finance;02/26/99, p11
Reports that the Welsh Affairs Select Committee at the House of Commons plans to examine the financial affairs of the city council in Denbighshire, Wales. Debt resulting from a reorganization by the former Rhuddlan Borough Council; Proposal to set date for an oral hearing if warranted.
- Mancunian councils prepare to join forces. Brown, Steve // Public Finance;07/23/99, p9
Reports on Manchester, England, councils' plan to join forces in bringing together financial services across 13 authorities. Study conducted on the feasibility of the joint provision of a range of services; Benefits expected from the partnership.
- ARIZONA: Phoenix Cuts, Lays Off. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;3/9/2010, Vol. 371 Issue 33278, p9
The article reports on the approval of a budget-balancing plan by Phoenix, Arizona City Council for fiscal 2011, which calls for 64 million dollars in reduced spending and the elimination of 520 city positions.
- City 'considers options' in budget cutbacks. Delgado, Steve // Inside Tucson Business;1/13/2003, Vol. 12 Issue 32, p7
Reports on the state budget reductions of the city council in Tucson, Arizona. Proposal of eliminating the downtown grant program for businesses; Relocation of the Office of Economic Development and Tucson-Mexico Trade Office to the city hall; Retrenchment of public employees.
- Towns demand a reallocation of funds. // Public Finance;10/02/98, p8
Reports that urban councils are lobbying the government for almost one billion sterling pounds of funding allocated to rural authorities and the London Boroughs in England. Redistribution in the Standard Spending Assessment to metropolitan and unitary authorities.