- IOWA: Tax Switch? Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;10/31/2001, Vol. 338 Issue 31255, p42
Reports on delay in considering a proposition to replace school districts's local-option sales tax with a statewide sales tax in Iowa. Reasons for delay in considering state sales tax; Preference to statewide sales tax by lawmakers; Rate of state sales tax.
- Tax Vote May Mean Fiscal Reprieve for Some Kansas Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/30/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31438, p30
Focuses on the implementation of sales tax for schools in Johnson County, Kansas. Fluctuation of school bond sales; Improvement of the quality of education; Issuance of tax-exempt bonds for school districts.
- Kansas County Votes Funds for Schools, But Lawsuits Loom. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;8/8/2002, Vol. 341 Issue 31445, p33
Reports the approval of county sales tax for the school districts in Johnson County, Kansas. Collection of quarter-cent sales tax by the county; Proceeds of the tax; Reaction of school officials to the county sales tax.
- Ga. districts to seek voter approval of sales tax. Jacobson, Linda // Education Week;12/04/96, Vol. 16 Issue 14, p15
Reports that school district officials are hoping to take advantage of a measure that allows Georgia school districts to impose a one-cent special-purpose sales tax. Crowding in Henry County schools; Search for alternative ways to pay for schools; Building programs of Gwinnett County.
- Sales Tax for Schools. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;7/15/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31677, p33
Reports that Elk City, Oklahoma will share sales tax revenue with school districts if voters approve a $17 million plan to build an auditorium and sports arena for the schools on September 9, 2003. Importance of the approval of city sales tax for the project.
- RTA to put finishing touches on 20-year plan. // Inside Tucson Business;11/28/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 24, p17
The article reports on the meeting of the Regional Transportation Authority's board to discuss the finishing touches on recommendations so the Pima County Board of Supervisors can officially put the plan and request for sales tax to voters in Arizona. Assuming all stays on track, the questions...
- I may be wrong, but I may be right! Waxman, Lionel // Inside Tucson Business;10/3/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p5
Comments on the regional transportation plan in Tucson, Arizona. Generation of additional revenue through sales tax increase; Insufficiency of the return of a half cent tax yield for the project; Basis of the precarious venture upon presumed revenues from local impact fees which will depend on...
- Johnson County Kan., Voters to Face Sales Tax Extension, Reallocation. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;9/10/2007, Vol. 361 Issue 32709, p39
The article reports that Johnson County, Kansas voters will vote in November 2008 on a plan to extend a 0.25% sales tax and reallocate the proceeds going after to four school districts. The tax will provide almost $118 million of lease revenue bonds for county criminal justice projects. The tax...
- School District Gets Off Ohio's Fiscal Emergency List. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;08/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30958, p4
Reports that Ohio's Vermilion Local School District has been pulled out from the state's list of districts in fiscal emergency, according to state auditor Jim Petro. Improved fiscal health of the school district; Total number of Ohio school districts that remain in fiscal emergency.