Legislators Propose $1.5B Referendum for Detroit Schools
- Oakland Unified Schools Selling $100 Million Deal for Capital Improvements. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;05/29/2001, Vol. 336 Issue 31148, p5
Reports that the Oakland Unified School District of California is pricing general obligation bonds in a competitive sale on June 5, 2001. Plan to use the deal to fund various capital improvement projects; Rating received by the bonds from Moody's Investors Service.
- Colorado School District to Sell $95 Million of GOs to Keep Pace. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;02/27/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31085, p36
Focuses on Colorado-based Adams County School District Number 12 officials' plan to issue general obligations bonds. Goal of taking advantage of a strong market for issuers; Part of a five-year capital improvement program designed to help the district keep pace with a rapidly growing student...
- Arizona lawmakers consider ending school GO sales. Berkman, Leslie // Bond Buyer;03/20/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30355, p3
Focuses on the deliberation by the Arizona state legislature on a proposal to eliminate the ability of school districts to issue general obligation bonds to equalize capital spending among property-rich and property-poor school districts. Opposition from richer school districts; Provisions in...
- Conflict Ahead Over California School Bonds. Webster, Keeley // Bondbuyer.com;1/15/2015, p1
California Gov. Jerry Brown's budget dedicates additional funding to schools from boosted revenues for operating costs, but he proposes to shut down the state's K-12 school bond program.
- S.F. School Measure. Williams, Rochelle // Bond Buyer;7/18/2003, Vol. 345 Issue 31680, p31
Reports that board members of the San Francisco Unified School District have been considering a school bond measure for the elections to be held in November 2003. Possible usage of the proceeds from the bonds; Criticism of the district for mismanagement of funds, including bond proceeds.
- Bondless in Harper: Texas District Happily Debt-Free for 50 Years. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;09/01/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30967, p4
No abstract available.
- New Orleans Sale a Sign of Recovery. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;7/26/2010, Vol. 373 Issue 33355, p4
The article reports on the negotiated sale of 104.5 million U.S. dollars of general obligation refunding bonds by the Orleans Parish Parishwide School District which shows that New Orleans is recovering from the financial crisis in 2005.
- Pennsylvania court rejects schools' case. Hoffman, David // Bond Buyer;10/05/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30740, p3
No abstract available.
- S.C. schools play catch-up. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;02/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30835, p1
Reports on the plan of the Greenville County, South Carolina School District to issue debt as a away to accelerate its ten-year capital program. Provision of more bond proceeds without impinging upon the district's general obligation capacity; Plan's call for the creation of a stand-alone...