Widmann Takes Office as President of Group of State Securities Regulators
- NASAA declines to take position on planned securities litigation reform. Hume, Lynn Stevens // Bond Buyer;08/01/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30200, p5
Focuses on the North American Securities Administrators Association's refusal to take a stand on a legislation preempting state laws for securities litigation reform in the United States. Need for a consensus in the states for a uniform national law.
- Stock sales simplified. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;3/3/97, Vol. 15 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the introduction of the Midwest Regional Review Program by the North American Securities Administrators Association Inc. Design of program to cut costs and red-tape for small- and medium-sized companies; Contact information.
- Be suspicious of inflated offers. Wollenberg, Yvonne Chilik // Medical Economics;11/19/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 22, p13
Deals with the warning issued by the North American Securities Administrators Association regarding investments and investors. Need for the public to check the license of an investment.
- The Model State Control Share Statute of the North American Securities Administrators Association. Gruber, Misty S.; Patzik, Alan B.; Choate, Michael J. // Business Lawyer;Feb89, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p577
Examines the model state control share statute of the North American Securities Administrators Association (NASAA). Enactment of the control share acquisition statutes en masse; Constitutional basis for the NASAA Act; Discussion of the burdens of interstate commerce.
- The Status of the Marketplace Exemption from State Securities Registration. Warren, Gilbert Manning // Business Lawyer;Aug86, Vol. 41 Issue 4, p1511
Focuses on the proposal of North American Securities Administrators Association, Inc. on marketplace exemption from state securities regulation in the United States. Formulation of blue-chip exemption for exchange exemption in the 1956 Act; Exemption of NASDAQ/NMS securities from registration;...
- Regulators warn anew about Internet fraud. Winoku, Cherly // American Banker;12/28/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 245, p7
Focuses on the warning issued by the North American Securities Administrator Association to investors regarding Internet fraud. Analysis of unsolicited electronic mails projecting bullish prices of stocks.
- Cyber Breaches Go Undetected. M L // REP.;Oct2014, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p17
The article discusses the study conducted by North American Securities Administrators Association revealing that 4 percent of small-to midsized Registered Investment Adviser (RIA) firms have experienced a cybersecurity attack, experienced theft, and unauthorized access to confidential information.
- Arizona Sole Hold-out On Accord With Securities Administrators; Missouri Signs The Agreement. // Insurance Advocate;09/28/96, Vol. 107 Issue 38, p5
Reports that Arizona remains as a non-signatory state were Names are resident, to the accord reached between Lloyd's and the Co-ordination Committee of the North American Securities Administrators. Signing of the agreement by Missouri; Cost of the settlement.
- Lloyd's, N.A. Securities Administrators in pact. Howard, Lisa S. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;7/15/96, Vol. 100 Issue 29, p3
Reports that Lloyd's of London Co. and the North American Securities Administrators Association have reached an agreement that will set up a state credit fund. Discretion on the distribution of credits; Additional incentives for the member of the organization.