Senate Approves $1.2B for Rail and Freight Security, Including $670M for Amtrak
- Senate Barely Passes Fiscal 2006 Budget Resolution. // Human Events;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the enactment of a budget resolution for fiscal 2006 by the U.S. Senate on March 17, 2005. Importance of the budget; Details of the resolution; List of legislators from Republican and Democratic political parties who voted in favor and against the resolution.
- Senate Approves Congressional Appropriations. // Human Events;07/23/99, Vol. 55 Issue 27, p23
Reports on the $2.5-billion 2000 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act (HR 1905) by the United States Senate on June 16, 1999. Purpose of the act; Reductions pointed out by Utah Representative Bob Bennett; Amendments proposed by Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin included in the bill.
- Special Ed Law: The Latest. // District Administration;Jun2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the cost of updated version of the federal Individuals with Disabilities Act on federal spending in the U.S. Identification of disabled students; Reduction of paper works for teachers; Approval of the bill by the Senate.
- Senate Likely to Approve Stopgap Spending Bill to Retain Fiscal '02 Levels. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p5
Reports on the possibility of approving a stopgap spending bill by the U.S. Senate on January 29, 2003. Implications of the approval for lawmakers; Reason cited for holding up negotiations on omnibus legislation; Other contentious spending bills.
- Spending bills, jobs, tax reform dominate week. // Hill;10/17/2011, Vol. 18 Issue 141, p4
The article reports on several issues to be addressed by the Senate Democrats and Republicans of the U.S. Congress including the bills for federal spending in different agencies like the Department of Agriculture in 2012, jobs plan of President Barack Obama, and on a China currency bill.
- Senate GOP Holds Line, Defeats Democratic Attempts to Bloat Budget. // Human Events;1/27/2003, Vol. 59 Issue 4, p30
Provides information on the failure of the U.S. Senate to pass several spending bills that will fund the government in fiscal 2003. Information on the attempt of the U.S. Democratic Party to increase the omnibus spending package; Senators who proposed the amendments of the spending bills.
- Voucher Fight Again Delays Fiscal '04 Appropriations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p4
Reports on the plan of Senate leaders to add the District of Columbia spending bill to an omnibus bill that would consolidate appropriations measures passed by the Congress for fiscal 2003 in the U.S. Creation of federally funded school-choice voucher program; Combination of operation and...
- Senate OKs $91 Billion Treasury, Transportation Spending Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p41
Reports on the approval of the Senate of the Fiscal 2004 spending bill for the Transportation and Treasury departments in the U.S. Allocation of funding for highway construction; Establishment of airport improvement programs; Provision of funds for railroads.
- HEW APPROPRIATIONS BILL. Klein, Herbert G. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1970, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the U.S. Senate's deferred action in December 1969 on an appropriations bill required to provide operating money for the Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, the Dept. of Labor and the Office of Economic Opportunity. Federally-impacted areas; Maldistribution of resources; Impact...