Senate Approves $1.2B for Rail and Freight Security, Including $670M for Amtrak
- Voucher Fight Again Delays Fiscal '04 Appropriations. Vadum, Matthew // Bond Buyer;10/2/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31732, p4
Reports on the plan of Senate leaders to add the District of Columbia spending bill to an omnibus bill that would consolidate appropriations measures passed by the Congress for fiscal 2003 in the U.S. Creation of federally funded school-choice voucher program; Combination of operation and...
- Senate OKs $91 Billion Treasury, Transportation Spending Bill. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;10/27/2003, Vol. 346 Issue 31748, p41
Reports on the approval of the Senate of the Fiscal 2004 spending bill for the Transportation and Treasury departments in the U.S. Allocation of funding for highway construction; Establishment of airport improvement programs; Provision of funds for railroads.
- HEW APPROPRIATIONS BILL. Klein, Herbert G. // Training & Development Journal;Mar1970, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p54
Reports on the U.S. Senate's deferred action in December 1969 on an appropriations bill required to provide operating money for the Dept. of Health, Education and Welfare, the Dept. of Labor and the Office of Economic Opportunity. Federally-impacted areas; Maldistribution of resources; Impact...
- Senate Barely Passes Fiscal 2006 Budget Resolution. // Human Events;3/28/2005, Vol. 61 Issue 11, p18
Reports on the enactment of a budget resolution for fiscal 2006 by the U.S. Senate on March 17, 2005. Importance of the budget; Details of the resolution; List of legislators from Republican and Democratic political parties who voted in favor and against the resolution.
- Senate Approves Congressional Appropriations. // Human Events;07/23/99, Vol. 55 Issue 27, p23
Reports on the $2.5-billion 2000 Legislative Branch Appropriations Act (HR 1905) by the United States Senate on June 16, 1999. Purpose of the act; Reductions pointed out by Utah Representative Bob Bennett; Amendments proposed by Senator Russ Feingold of Wisconsin included in the bill.
- Special Ed Law: The Latest. // District Administration;Jun2003, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p17
Reports on the cost of updated version of the federal Individuals with Disabilities Act on federal spending in the U.S. Identification of disabled students; Reduction of paper works for teachers; Approval of the bill by the Senate.
- Senate Likely to Approve Stopgap Spending Bill to Retain Fiscal '02 Levels. Sanchez, Humberto // Bond Buyer;1/30/2003, Vol. 343 Issue 31563, p5
Reports on the possibility of approving a stopgap spending bill by the U.S. Senate on January 29, 2003. Implications of the approval for lawmakers; Reason cited for holding up negotiations on omnibus legislation; Other contentious spending bills.
- U.S. Senate OKs money for facility at Fairchild. Ripley, Richard // Journal of Business (10756124);10/13/2005, Vol. 20 Issue 21, pB11
Reports on the inclusion of a construction of a new building for a resistance training facility at Fairchild Air Force Base in the military construction bill by the U.S. Senate. Use of the budget to upgrade training facilities; Aim of the upgrade to provide the best training for the aircrews;...
- Something Fishy with Supplemental? Chaisson, Kernan // Journal of Electronic Defense;Jul2002, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p14
Focuses on issues related to the approval of FY02 Emergency Supplemental spending bill in the U.S. Loans of the U.S. Senate to the Alaskan halibut fishing industry; Shortfalls in military and homeland-defense programs; Impact of several add-ons on the Senate.