Santomero Targets 1%-3% Inflation Rate
- Great Expectations: Beliefs in Economics and Monetary Policy. Santomero, Anthony M. // Executive Speeches;Dec2003/Jan2004, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p7
Presents a speech given by Anthony M. Santomero, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, at the Penn Humanities Forum in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on November 5, 2003. Role that beliefs play in economic decisions and economic policymaking; Examples of how the beliefs held by...
- Santomero: Economy To Shape Fed Policy. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;7/22/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31931, p2
Reports on the statement of Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia president Anthony Santomero regarding plans of Federal Reserve Board for moving from accommodative monetary policy at a measured pace in the U.S. Description of economic indicators; Removal of monetary accommodation; Issue on...
- Prices May Hasten Fed Move to Neutral. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/19/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32052, p2
Reports on Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia President Anthony Santomero's claim that if price pressures increase, it could hasten the removal of the accommodation monetary policy. Excerpt from the speech of Santomero delivered before the Greater Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce.
- Great Expectations. Santomero, Anthony M. // Vital Speeches of the Day;11/15/2003, Vol. 70 Issue 3, p66
Presents the text of a speech given by Anthony M. Santomero, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia on November 5, 2003, which deals with beliefs in economics and monetary policies of the U.S. Role of beliefs in economic decisions and economic policymaking; Examples of the...
- Santomero: Fed Eyes Are On Inflation. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/14/2005, Vol. 352 Issue 32111, p2
Highlights the statement of Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia President Anthony Santomero that U.S. Federal Reserve Board is prepared to speed up rate hikes if it sees consistent signs of emerging inflation. Federal Reserve's transition from an accommodative policy stance to a neutral one;...
- Santomero: No Near-Term Rate Hike. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;1/20/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31803, p2
Focuses on the absence of monetary policy according to Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia president Anthony Santomero in a meeting of the South Jersey Bankers' Association. Prevention on the accelerating inflation; Goals of price stability and full employment.
- Economic Outlook. // Vital Speeches of the Day;9/15/2005, Vol. 71 Issue 23, p718
The article presents a speech by Anthony M. Santomero, president of the Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, delivered at the Jewish Heritage Programs in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania on August 31, 2005. He discusses the progress in U.S. economic expansion, the nation's monetary policy and the...
- What Difference Would an Inflation Target Make? Hetzel, Robert L. // Economic Quarterly (10697225);Spring2005, Vol. 91 Issue 2, p45
Discusses the effect of an inflation target for the U.S. on the way that the Federal Reserve makes monetary policy. Factors needed in order to evaluate the prospective working of an inflation target; Frameworks for explaining how central banks control inflation; Problems that arise in choosing...
- S.F. Fed Letter: No Surge Seen in Inflation. Siegel, Gary // Bondbuyer.com;11/17/2014, p1
Fears that highly accommodative monetary policy will lead to a surge in inflation are unfounded, according to a Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Economic Letter release Monday.