Maricopa County, Ariz., Voters To Weigh $951M of GO Bonds
- Academics and athletics. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;2/13/2004, Issue 323204, p26
Editorial. Addresses the issue of Proposition 55, a bond issue providing matching school construction funds to k-12 schools and community colleges in California. Implication of the proposition on the state's academics and athletics; Features of the proposition.
- PCC aviation program finally finds a home. Schliesman, Kylie // Inside Tucson Business;10/30/2000, Vol. 10 Issue 32, p7
Reports that Tucson, Arizona-based Pima Community College (PCC) broke ground at the site of its Aviation Center, which will house the school's Aviation Technology program. Long-term lease agreement between PCC and the Tucson Airport Authority; Design features of the building.
- LI'$ fact$. // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/29/97, Vol. 44 Issue 52, p5
Reports on delays and overruns that have plagued construction projects at Nassau and Suffolk County Community Colleges in New York.
- News. Atkinson, James // Contract Journal;9/6/2006, Vol. 435 Issue 6591, p21
The article reports on the emergence of a Miller consortium as preferred bidder for the Â£235 million Building Schools for the Future scheme of the Leicester City Council in England. Beaumont Leys School Fullhurst Community College is said to be included in the phase one of the scheme. GSL and...
- Facilities and funding issues making news. // American School & University;Jul98, Vol. 70 Issue 11, p3
Presents news briefs related to funding of school construction in the United States, as of July 1998. Includes Arizona Supreme Court's decision on the state's construction finance plan; Results of voting on school infrastructure improvement in California; Projected school construction...
- Heritage panel discusses ways to finance, build new schools faster. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;06/16/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30663, p4
Reports on the financial issues addressed during a discussion on public-private partnerships for public school construction in the United States, held at the Heritage Foundation. Legislation on the use of private-activity school bonds; Commercial real estate techniques used to expedite the...
- States boost construction investment. White, Kerry A. // Education Week;04/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 32, p1
Focuses on the construction and repair of schools in the United States. Attention given by government officials on the issue; Budget that Republican Governor James S. Gilmore III signed for school building and repair projects in Virginia; Plan proposed by President Bill Clinton on the issue.
- Tough lessons. Murphy, H. Lee // Crain's Chicago Business;02/19/2001, Vol. 24 Issue 8, p15
Reports the collection of money for the financing of the construction of school buildings in Kane County in Illinois. Requirement of the schools for students; Compulsion of school districts for public referendums; Proliferation of building bond referendums.
- School upgrade contribution ruled out. // Planning (14672073);11/19/2010, Issue 1895, p16
The article reports on the rejection by the inspector for the 300,000 pound-worth of proposed 100 houses under the comprehensive school upgrade as demand by the south Wales council which will benefit the indigenous pupils.