JOSEPH RATZINGER, CHRIST'S DONKEY
- You shall not kill. Martin, James // America;11/18/1995, Vol. 173 Issue 16, p25
Reports on the discussion of the fifth commandment in the Cathechism of the Catholic Church. The right for civil society to impose the death penalty in cases of `extreme gravity;' Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger reply to question on death penalty.
- Diving into the Catechism during upcoming Year of Faith. SAMMONS, ERIC // Our Sunday Visitor;10/7/2012, Vol. 101 Issue 23, p2
The article deals with the declaration by Pope Benedict XVI of the Year of Faith in celebration of the anniversary of the release of the Latin edition of the "Catechism of the Catholic Church" and the opening of the Second Vatican Council.
- The Pope's Favorite Rabbi. Van Biema, David // Time International (Atlantic Edition);6/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 23, p32
The article focuses on Jewish scholar and rabbi Jacob Neusner and a scholarly debate between Judaism and Catholicism. Reportedly, Pope Benedict XVI's book "Jesus of Nazareth" devotes a good portion of a chapter to respond to questions posed by Neusner in his book "A Rabbi Talks with Jesus."...
- The Unity of the Church. Ressourcement. Fuchs, Lorelei F. // Journal of Ecumenical Studies;Fall2010, Vol. 45 Issue 4, p659
The article reviews the book "Joseph Ratzinger in Communio. Vol. 1: The Unity of the Church, by Pope Benedict XVI, a part of the series Ressourcement: Retrieval and Renewal in Catholic Thought.
- The poison of bad liturgy. J.W. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;05/19/97, Vol. 24 Issue 23, p34
Discusses the liturgy of the Catholic Church. The efforts of Catholic theologian Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger to defend liturgy; His memoirs, called `From My Life: Remembrances 1927-1977,' in which he proposes that the ecclesial crisis of the church in 1997 is due to the collapse of the liturgy;...
- Questions and Answers. // Catholic Answer;Jan/Feb2009, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p35
The article reviews the book "Questions and Answers," by Pope Benedict XVI.
- The pope in print. // Catholic Digest;Apr2008, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p78
The article discusses Pope Benedict XVI's books and compilations. The Pope's earlier written books written during the 1960s and 1970s were widely read and are still continued to be reprinted by Catholic press. His most recently published book "Jesus of Nazareth" has become an international...
- La Iglesia, rostro de Cristo. Caballero, Juan Luis // Scripta Theologica;sep-dic2008, Vol. 40 Issue 3, p932
No abstract available.
- Pope Benedict, manga hero. Oates, Kathryn // Catholic Digest;Jul2011, Vol. 75 Issue 9, p75
An interview with Jonathan Lin, founder of the Catholic publishing company, Manga Hero is presented. When asked about his inspiration to create a book titled "Habemus Papam!" for World Youth Day (WYD), he refers to his willingness to make people aware about the life of Pope Benedict XVI. Lin...