Christians in the Land Called Holy
- Holiness: Simplicity. Wells, Samuel // Christian Century;02/23/2000, Vol. 117 Issue 6, p205
Compares the Christian religion to a theater. Religion of Israel as a great theater; Secret of holiness that is between God and the disciple; Choice between two kinds of acting.
- Israel's allies in the Christian heartland. Sillars, Les // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;2/10/97, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p38
Discusses the desire of Christian organizations to offer support to Israel because of its biblical significance. The views of Larry Mitchell, Alberta representative for the Christian Friends of Israel of Canada Inc.; Details of the founding and mission of the Christain Friends of Israel...
- Jewish destiny and disunity. Berdichevsky, Norman // Contemporary Review;Jul98, Vol. 273 Issue 1590, p10
Presents information as it pertains to the existence of the Jewish community in Israel. Information on the Jewish religion; Details on the focus of Jewish interests; Reference to the differences in the character and personality of Jews; Identification of Christian denominations in Israel.
- CORRESPONDENCE. Gordis, Robert; Duff, Edward // America;4/30/1949, Vol. 81 Issue 4, p172
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to articles in previous issues such as "Honor in Israel" by Edward Duff in the March 26, 1949 issue and the editorial "Christian Rights in Palestine," in the April 30, 1949 issue.
- Only Israel, Not the West, Grants Civilization Any Hope of Survival. Meotti, Giulio // Israel Faxx;8/24/2015, Vol. 23 Issue 169W, p8
The article focuses on lack of protests from the Western nations on the activities of militant group The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS) in rampaging the future of Christianity in the Eastern part of the world, stating the only hope of revival lies in the hands of Israel.
- Jewish Groups Resume Dialogue With Churches After Israel Aid Schism. GUTTMAN, NATHAN // Washington Report on Middle East Affairs;Jun/Jul2014, Vol. 33 Issue 4, Special section p6
The article discusses the meeting of Christian and Jewish organizational leaders in New York City on March 27, 2014. Topics discussed include the participants' portrayal of the meeting as a breakthrough which ended an 18-month collapse in negotiations, participants' expectation of a good future...
- THE RELIGION OF THE ISRAELITES IN EGYPT. STEIN, MICHAEL ALAN // Jewish Bible Quarterly;Jul-Sep2011, Vol. 39 Issue 3, p195
The article offers information on the religion of Israelites in Egypt. It states that Israelites retained the remains of the ideas of Jacob, for personal connection to God, known as Y-H-V-H, and these ideas remained in the communal memory through the tales of Genesis. It mentions that God...
- New Christians in Israel. Jenkins, Philip // Christian Century;1/25/2012, Vol. 129 Issue 2, p45
The article presents discussion regarding the religious demographics of Israel in the 21st century. Introductory details are given noting the large-scale drop in the Middle Eastern Arab Christian population due to persecution in the region. Information is then given noting how the population of...
- Text-centric Chinese translation of the Hebrew Bible Based on the Understanding of Israelite religion in and Ancient Near East Context of the Bible. Yiyi Chen // Journal of Sino-Western Communications;Jul2010, Vol. 2 Issue 1, p99
With improvements in archaeological methodology, new discoveries in Syria-Palestine, as well as tremendous progress of knowledge about the Ancient Near East in the past several decades, we have never understood Israelite religion as reflected in the geographical and chronological scope of the...