Catch the millennium bug now
- When a virus strikes your PC. Mangelsdorf, Martha E. // Inc.;Mar95, Vol. 17 Issue 3, p121
Describes the experience of Anthony Ferdaise and his business partner with a computer virus that erased every file on their personal computer's hard drive. How they used data-recovery software to try to recover some of the lost files; How the virus set back the company's new magazine launch by...
- Love Bug Sparks Interest In E-Commerce Insurance. // Best's Review;Jul2000, Vol. 101 Issue 3, p132
Reports that the Love Bug computer virus has sparked interest in electronic commerce insurance in the United States. Economic cost of the virus in terms of lost productivity; Description of the virus; Insurers' offer of specialized liability insurance coverage.
- The cost of virus protection. // PC Week;3/3/97, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p126
Presents the results of the 1996 Computer Virus Study. FIgures on the cost of protection against computer viruses to companies; Details of the study.
- Virus attacks cost businesses $7.6 billion in 1999. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jul99, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p67
Reports the increase of monetary losses due to computer virus in the United States based from the study of Computer Economics. Impact of the computer attack on the economy; Frequency of the attacks; Prevention of the systems attack.
- E-Mail Virus Gives Firms Slight Fever. Malone, Scott; D'Innocenzio, Anne // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;5/8/2000, Vol. 179 Issue 89, p2
Examines the effect of the virus Love Bug on the computers of apparel businesses in the United States. Levi Strauss' early identification of the problem; Slowdown of the operations of Anne Klein; Apparel firms which were warned about the problem before they opened their systems; Strategies in...
- Computer Virus Toll Tops $1.5 Trillion. Stefanova, Kristina // Insight on the News;09/04/2000, Vol. 16 Issue 33, p31
Reports the impact of computer viruses to business worldwide as of September 2000. Cost of its effect to business; Influence of its impact to business losses in the United States.
- Tech Viruses Pose Catastrophe Risk. Taylor, Anthony // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;01/08/2001, Vol. 105 Issue 2, p15
Discusses the implications of business losses caused by computer viruses to insurers and reinsurers in the United States. Examples of technology-related losses; Comparison with natural calamity claims; Actions that insurers and reinsurers must take in order to limit or eliminate potential...
- County: No love lost over ILOVEYOU bug. Philipipidis, Alex // Westchester County Business Journal;05/15/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 20, p1
Discusses the impact of the ILOVEYOU computer virus on businesses and institutions worldwide. Time spent by firms on additional anti-viral defense measures and the replacement of files wiped out by the computer virus; Information on the suspected origin of the computer virus; Search by firms...
- Koskinen: Lessons Learned. Hickey, Kathleen // Traffic World;12/20/99-12/27/99, Vol. 260 Issue 12/13, p11
Focuses on the impact of the Y2K computer virus on the business planning of corporations in the United States. Presence of considerable risks at local risks; Challenge over procrastination; Issue over sloppy computer software development.