Triple Plays Are Not a Sure Thing
- Fixed Operators to Lead WiMax Adoption, Firm Says. // Electronic News;3/28/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 13, pN.PAG
Reports on the expected adoption of WiMax fixed wireless broadband system by fixed operators and Internet service providers. Remarks of Pyramid Research analyst Ozgur Aytar on the adoption pattern; Purpose of the system; Annual growth rate of WiMax subscribers.
- Connect the Spots. Kooper, Amanda C. // Entrepreneur;Feb2007, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p24
The article presents the opportunities that citywide Wi-Fi projects would bring in Philadelphia. Regional and small ISPs have the chance to be active in the municipal wireless market. The cost of broadband is expected to go down with the competition of a larger number of players. Small...
- America Needs Broadband Wireless. Swasey, Larry // Telecommunications - Americas Edition;Nov2001, Vol. 35 Issue 11, p18
Focuses on increased demand for broadband wireless services in the United States. Reasons behind rise in rates of residential high-speed Internet access; Advantages of fixed wireless service; Cable operators' emphasis on multiple services.
- Verizon Wireless launching V CAST, BroadbandAceess. // Business Journal (Central New York);7/8/2005, Vol. 19 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the launch of V Cast and Broadband Access, two new services by Verizon Wireless in Syracuse, New York. Target market of the company's wireless-broadband, multimedia service for consumers and Internet access service; Aid of the new services to connect mobile professionals and corporate...
- From dead spot to data hot spot. Mahon, Joe; Jossi, Frank // Fedgazette;Jan2004, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p11
Explores the opportunities offered by wireless broadband communication to rural areas in Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota and North Dakota. Examples of wireless Internet service providers that serve rural areas; Percentage of residents in the Ninth District area that use wireless telephones;...
- Growth is Beyond DSL. // Voice & Data;Jul2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p106
The article offers information related to internet services in India's telecommunication industry. It provides an overview of the country's fixed-line internet and wireless broadband segment as well as the Broadband Policy of 2004, which has recorded 9 million broadband users and 18 million...
- Broadband directory. // APC (Bauer Media Group);Jul2005, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p84
This section presents a list of companies providing broadband services. Some of the companies listed are: Aspark ADSL; Comcen Internet; DART Residential; DigiPlus; Escape Online; Female Techologies ADSL; FunnelWeb Internet; Hi Speed Communications ADSL; Hotkey Internet; Independent Service...
- 3G Tariff Cuts Did the Magic! // Voice & Data;Jul2014, Vol. 20 Issue 7, p108
The article provides information in relation to internet services in the telecommunication industry in India. It provides an overview regarding the country's mobile internet as well as broadband wireless access services. Bharti Airtel Ltd., noted to be the country's largest mobile service...
- BROADBAND DIRECTORY. // Australian Personal Computer;Jan2005, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p92
This article presents a list of Internet service providers (ISP), who offer broadband services. Contact information of each ISP is provided. Some of the ISPs are Business ADSL, DART Residential, E.Tel Communuications, Global Dial, Keypoint, Pacific Internet DSL, Spin Internet, etc.