A Stunner for Starz
- Mediacom Puts Starz! in Easy Reach. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;4/26/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p30
Discusses the decision of Mediacom Communications Corp. to offer Starz!HD and Starz On Demand services of television programmer Starz Encore Group LLC. Reasons behind the move of the company; Number of Starz movie channels that will be made available for Mediacom customers in May 2004; Impact...
- BRIEFS. // Multichannel News;6/28/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 26, p28
Presents news briefs on events and issues in the U.S. television industry as of June 18, 2004. Agreement of the National Geographic Channel with Simmons Market Research Bureau; Details of the redesigned Web site of Fox News Channel; Appointment of Lauren Ruetz at Starz Encore Group LLC.
- Starz Shelves 'Sharper Movies' HD Channel. Donohue, Steve // Multichannel News;10/6/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the decision of Starz Encore Group to suspend the launch of Sharper Movies HD high definition television channel in December 2003. Reasons for the suspension; Subscription scheme for the channel.
- The New Showplaces. // Broadcasting & Cable;8/9/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 32, p24
Discusses the influence of systems integrators on the installation of television facilities with broadcasting technology. Engineers involved in building the master-control infrastructure of television station WABC New York; Technology integrated for the video and audio systems of Turner...
- Pay TV won't ante for Western show. Dempsey, John // Variety;11/27/2000, Vol. 381 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the defection of several pay television networks at the 2000 Western Cable Show in Los Angeles, California. Average cost for sending a representative at the event; Reason of Starz/Encore and Playboy Channel for not attending the event; Attitude of cable networks toward the event.
- LIN Spat Sparks Salvo From Commisso. // Multichannel News;9/5/2011, Vol. 32 Issue 33, p8
The article reports that the refusal by Mediacom Communications Corp. to pay the exorbitant rate hikes for LIN Media broadcast stations in five states in the U.S., such as Florida, will serve as a backdrop for the retransmission consent reform of Mediacom chairman Rocco Commisso.
- Stay Tuned for More Channels. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Nov2003, Vol. 68 Issue 9, p16
Focuses on the plan of several cable and satellite television channels, including Starz, A&E, and the History Channel, to offer high-definition additions to their programs. Launch of Starz HD and Stars Hi Res from the Starz Encore Group in December 2003; Information on EchoStar's Dish Network.
- News at 10, obits at 11. // Broadcast Engineering;Nov2009, Vol. 51 Issue 11, p10
The author reflects on the emergence of running on-air and online obituary stories for a fee in the U.S. He mentions television station Saginaw, Michigan-based WNEM-TV that charges 100 dollars per death time. He claims that this is another marketing strategy of television stations to find new...
- Nat'1 Geo counts on curiosity. Hibberd, James // Hollywood Reporter;10/21/2009, Vol. 411 Issue 49, p4
The article reports on the announcement of a global tagline "Live Curious" by the National Geographic television network. In addition to working across the company's channels in 165 countries and 34 languages, the tagline will serve Nat Geo Channel and the upcoming Nat Geo Wild. On November 15,...