Terayon Debuts Productivity Software
- Texas station to test DTV interference technology. Dickson, Glen // Broadcasting & Cable;08/07/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 33, p43
Reports on Dallas, Texas-based television station KERA's testing of the Bandwidth Enhancement Technology digital television interference prevention software from ADC as of August 7, 2000. Features and functions of the software.
- Cleaning up the look of sports. Blair, Duncan // IBE: International Broadcast Engineer;Sep2002, Issue 329, p34
Focuses on the automated programming of the sports channels using the Video Design Software in Canada. Creation of on-air graphics and team-based news; Enhancement of the actual game coverage; Consistency of the data.
- CD-ROM looks `Inside the Vatican' // Broadcasting & Cable;10/9/95, Vol. 125 Issue 41, p73
Informs about the CD-ROM titles produced by WNET (TV). `Inside the Vatican,' and `Travels'; Resources for the CD-ROM production.
- News directors are starting to buy into digital. Shaw, Russell // Electronic Media;09/22/97, Vol. 16 Issue 39, p3
States that television stations and digital equipment vendors have begun purchasing digital equipment as seen at the Radio-Television News Directors Association show in New Orleans, Louisiana. Reason for caution by stations; Hottest product at show; Description of product; Details on issue.
- Time squeeze probe widens. Greppi, Michele // Electronic Media;12/17/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 51, p1
Reports the investigation of American Association of Advertising Agencies into the use of Time Machines to create unauthorized extra local ad inventory on television (TV) stations in the United States. Prohibition of program compression on TV; Effect of using the Time Machine on advertising...
- Maintaining Server Sanity. Brown, Peter J. // Broadcasting & Cable;1/6/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the importance of maintenance in managing server-based technology used at television stations. Limitations of using server system; Reliance on a technology vendor due to constant dependency on the software.
- Abilene, San Angelo TV stations to conduct analog shut-off test. // Twin Cities News (Munday, TX);12/18/2008, Vol. 26 Issue 51, p1
The article announces that Broadcast Television (TV) stations in the Abilene-San Angelo area in Texas will temporarily shut off its analog signals in preparation for the DTV transition on February 17, 2008.
- Countermeasure for Round Trip Delay Which Occurs in Between Satellite and Ground with Software Network Accelerator. Kohei Arai // International Journal of Advanced Computer Science & Application;May2012, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p118
Countermeasure for round trip delay which occurs in between satellite and ground with network accelerator is investigated together with operating system dependency on effectiveness of accelerator. Also disaster relief data transmission experiments are conducted for mitigation of disaster...
- Graphics More User-Friendly. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;12/20/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p25
Focuses on the growth of news graphics in news rooms in the U.S. Software tools used by local and national broadcasters; Improvement in graphics capability on the design aspect; Accessibility of graphics through centralization; Significance of a musical signature to define a television station.