Akimbo Adds Turner Shows
- AKIMBO RAMPING UP. Graser, Marc // Daily Variety;9/27/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 59, p10
Reports on the business agreement signed between Akimbo systems Inc., Turner Broadcasting System Inc., Granada International and Quiksilver Entertainment to provide video-on-demand services to customers in the U.S. Amount of money to be paid by subscribers to the service; Number of subscribers...
- AKIMBO TO GO WHITE LABEL. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;3/3/2008, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p24
The article evaluates the Internet video-on-demand (VOD) solution from Akimbo Systems Inc.
- TBS, Multicanal pact. // Daily Variety;04/30/2001, Vol. 271 Issue 43, p9
Reports on the multiyear deal between Turner Broadcasting System and Multicanal SA in Latin America.
- In Demand, Turner Reach VOD Deal. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;02/05/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 6, p30
Reports the agreement of In Demand to distribute video-on-demand programming of Turner Broadcasting System Inc. in the United States. Terms of the agreement; Views of executive Kevin Cohen on VOD content; Revenue expectations for the deal.
- AMAZON PRIME INSTANT VIDEO UPS WARNER TV CONTENT. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;12/31/2012, Vol. 34 Issue 51, Special section p5
The article reports on the move by Amazon's subscription video-on-demand service to sign license agreements with Turner Broadcasting System and Warner Bros. Domestic Television Distribution.
- Viewers Watch VOD Ads. Whitney, Daisy // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p1A
This article reports that Turner Broadcasting has completed research in one of the first studies of the effectiveness of advertising in video-on-demand (VOD). The company found that the vast majority of viewers did not fast-forward through VOD ads and intent to purchase actually rose 60 percent...
- FILMSTRUCKSV0DT0 LAUNCH IN NOVEMBER. LATCHEM, JOHN // Home Media Magazine;Oct2016, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the launch of the FilmStruck subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service by media company Turner in November 2016 which was managed and developed by Turner Classic Movies and mentioned that it will be the exclusive streaming home of the Criterion Collection library.
- Akimbo Makes Full Cable Pitch. Stump, Matt // Multichannel News;8/1/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 31, p59
Deals with the pitch made by Internet-based video-on-demand (VOD) provider Akimbo to partner with the U.S. cable television industry. Client-server system developed by Akimbo that would allow cable digital video subscribers to download video from the VOD service of Akimbo; Cable programmers...
- Akimbo VOD service makes jump to TV. Fritz, Ben // Daily Variety;2/16/2004, Vol. 282 Issue 35, p10
Highlights the launching of the Akimbo broadband video-on-demand service in Los Angeles, California. Cost of their service per month; Partners of the firm in offering the service; Initial appeal of the service.