- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;2/22/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 35, p2
Presents the programming lineup of cable television operators as of February 22, 2006. "Psych," a television series on USA network; "Translating Genocide--Three Students Journey to Sudan," on mtvU network; "Walkout," original television film on Home Box Office network.
- ON CLOUD NINE. KROENERT, TIM // Inside Film;Jun2009, Issue 121, p10
The article features Australian pay-television channel Showcase. It is noted that the business model of Showcase allows it to run creative miniseries. Executive Kim Vecera talks about the miniseries "Cloudstreet" and the success of other Showcase soap operas. The financing of Showcase programs...
- AMAZON PRIME GRABS 'JUSTIFIED' STREAMING RIGHTS. Gruenwedel, Erik // Home Media Magazine;3/4/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 9, p11
This article reports on the exclusive subscription video on demand rights to FX Network's television program "Justified" secured by Amazon.
- PPV outlook: Partly sunny. // Broadcasting & Cable;4/3/95, Vol. 125 Issue 14, p30
Reports on the positive forecast for the pay-per-view business in the television programming industry in the United States. Anticipation for Mike Tyson's return to the ring; Cable system operators' emphasis on the importance of unregulated pay-per-view revenue.
- HBO PRIMES 2ND FEEVEE. Sutter, Mary // Daily Variety;7/7/2003, Vol. 280 Issue 1, p14
Reports on the development of the male-oriented television channel Max Prime by pay television HBO Latin America. Details of the programming of the network; Impact of the network on the effort of the company to stimulate the development of digital cable; Percentage subscribers of the network.
- Creators savor less restrictions. Lott, David // Daily Variety;05/05/2000, Vol. 267 Issue 45, pA6
Reports on the growing number of television program creators shifting to pay television in the United States. Restrictions on network television causing show creators to work on pay television; Pros and cons of being on pay television; Ability of creators to control their work on pay television.
- Is there life after pay cable? Heuton, Cheryl // MediaWeek;5/30/94, Vol. 4 Issue 22, p14
Focuses on the increasing popularity of adult programs in pay-cable networks. Success of Home Box Office's `Tales From the Crypt' television program; Comparison between pay cable networks and broadcast television; HBO's syndication for its `Dream On' television program.
- Sundance 'Falls' for pix. Oei, Lily // Daily Variety;10/16/2002, Vol. 277 Issue 8, p3
Reports the pay television rights acquired of Sundance Channel for the television programs 'Kaaterskill Falls' and 'Riders'.
- Top 10 grossing pay per view events. // Variety;6/10/96, Vol. 363 Issue 6, p30
Lists the top 10 grossing pay per view events in television in the United States ranked by gross retail dollars.