Gospel Music Channel Launch Gets VOD Boost
- MEDIA CHOICE/KERRANG! TV. Marshall, Richard // Marketing (00253650);9/4/2003, p7
This article presents views of the author on Kerrang! TV. The author likes heavy metal, having grown up on Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple and Judas Priest. What Kerrang! TV has successfully done is package exciting bands that play real music compared with the garbage pop that is so...
- Osbournes Get Another Turn at Bat. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/14/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 28, p14
Analyzes the performance television program 'The Osbournes' broadcast on the Music Television network. Decline in the rating of the program; Agreement of the producer for extension of the program; Date of commencement of production of extended episode.
- Channel Five springs into action with seven-hour live pop event. // Music Week;4/12/2003, Issue 14, p2
Reports that British television network Channel Five has committed seven hours of prime time television to a live popular music event called Spring Break Live. Highlights of the event.
- Gay-Aimed 'Here! TV' Goes Premium. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;10/4/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 40, p10
Reports on the 24-hour premium network launched in 2004 by Here! TV, formerly just an on-demand and pay-per-view service targeting gay audiences. Pricing for the premium channel; Types of programs included in Here! TV's subscription video-on-demand service; Claims of most cable operators...
- 'The MP' Takes a Multiplatform Tack. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p14
Reports on the launch of Music Positive network with a multimedia strategy in the U.S. in 2004. Features of the network's initial programming.
- Billboard Music Awards Set December Date. // Billboard;9/4/2004, Vol. 116 Issue 36, p8
Announces that the 2004 Billboard Music Awards (BMA) will take place on December 8, 2004 in Las Vegas, Nevada. Television station that will air the show; Level of viewership of the 2003 BMA; Production personnel who will work for the show.
- C5 WOOS LABEL FOR DOCU TIE-INS. Williams, Paul // Music Week;8/17/2002, Issue 32, p4
Reports that Channel 5 Broadcasting is opening tie-ins with record companies with music-related programming ideas.
- JIM-TV Pumps Up The Volume. Maes, Marc // Billboard;04/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 17, p59
Focuses on the launch of JIM-TV, a music television station in Belgium, by broadcaster VMM. How the station will appeal to older audiences; Description of programming; Expectations for the station.
- The Evolution Of A Network. Block, Debbie Galante // Billboard;7/28/2001, Vol. 113 Issue 30, p54
Discusses the way that Music Television (MTV) has changed since its launch in August 1981. Differences in the type of music which has appeared on the channel; Way in which musicians and artists have changed; Example of upcoming television programs on the channel.