Time Warner Nets $1M from LMN Promotion
- When the Upfront's Down, Everybody Wins. Thielman, Sam // Adweek;6/30/2014, Vol. 55 Issue 26, p15
The article examines television advertising finance. An anomaly is discussed in which the relatively poor advanced sales of advertising during the 2014 upfront advanced sales period could result in much higher prices in the scatter market for advertising during the 2014-2015 television season,...
- Amid Earnings Decline, May Co.
Shifts Focus To New 4th-Qtr. Gift Plan. Derby, Meredith // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/10/2004, Vol. 188 Issue 101, p1
Reports on the marketing strategies employed by May Department Stores Co. in preparation for its fourth quarter sales in 2004. Highlights of its television advertisements; Product lineup for the company's holiday gifts; Upgrade of point-of-sale equipment in its stores; Profit earned by the...
- The Expanding Channel. Ben-Yehuda, Ayala // Billboard;4/5/2008, Vol. 120 Issue 14, p24
The article discusses the marketing strategy of the Latin television channel SÃ TV, noting its effort to attract older audiences. Time Warner and Echostar have invested in the channel, which almost doubled its revenue in 2007. SÃ TV's chief executive officer Michael Schwimmer discusses the...
- TWC Sets Watch by Enhanced ITV Ads. // Multichannel News;3/12/2012, Vol. 33 Issue 11, p6
The article reports that the Time Warner Cable Inc. (TWC) is directly promoting interactive television (iTV) advertising for viewers in various local markets in 2012 with its launching of Enhanced iTV.
- Wardrobe! Spethmann, Betsy // Promo;Jul2004, Vol. 17 Issue 8, p21
Reports on the joint promotion of clothing company Kmart Corp. and WB Television Network through a multimillion back-to-school campaign. Wardrobe sponsorship for 20 stars from various WB shows; Implication of the joint promotion for the two companies; Impetus to the promotional effort.
- 1. Advertising and Sales Promotion. Penn Jr., William S.; Goldstucker, Jac L.; Disch, Wolfgang; Spencer, Ulric M.; Hinderman, Charles H.; Morgan, L. Robert; Regan, William J.; Fisk, George // Journal of Marketing;Oct63, Vol. 27 Issue 4, p88
The article presents abstracts of marketing literature related to advertising and sales promotion. They include "What is Available in Syndicated Film for Television," by Lawrence W. Lichty, "A Note on the Golden Age of Advertising," by David M. Blank, and "18,000,000 Book Nobody Reads," by...
- A tight spot. Brown, Sandy // Adweek Eastern Edition;9/30/2002, Vol. 43 Issue 39, MEDIA OUTLOOK 2003. pSR10
Focuses on the future of television advertising in the U.S. Forecast of the Television Bureau of Advertising on the market; Revenue generated by television stations from political advertising; Expectation for the industry with the absence of political and Olympic advertising.
- UP FRONTS. Steinberg, Brian // Variety;5/19/2014, Vol. 324 Issue 2, p48
The article examines sales presentations made by broadcasting industry firms to commence the upfront advanced television advertising sales period for the 2014-2015 television season. A trend is examined in which sales executives for broadcast television networks emphasized the availability of...
- Ads roll in, as Euro TV has banner year. James, Alison // Variety;10/02/2000, Vol. 380 Issue 7, p7
Reports on the increase in the advertising revenues of television networks in Europe in the first half of 2000. Signs that growth is slowing down in some European markets; Factors that have contributed to the outstanding rating scores of private networks; Coping strategies adopted by the networks.