PEOPLE & CALENDAR
- Sending Execs to 'Camp' // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p40
Looks at the Training Camp organized by ESPN for local cable sales representative. Objective of the training camp; Challenges encountered by cable sales representative; Components of the training camp.
- Play ball! L. J. B. // Industrial Laser Solutions;Aug2006, Vol. 21 Issue 8, p8
The article reports that the television broadcasting company ESPN Inc. turned to laser marking to highlight its coverage of sports in the U.S. The company was looking for baseball footage that it would use to introduce all of its basebal-related segments, SportsCenter, and baseball games....
- ESPNU Prepares For Kickoff. Becker, Anne // Broadcasting & Cable;2/28/2005, Vol. 135 Issue 9, p4
Reports on the television broadcasting by ESPN Inc. of shows that are devoted to college events in February 2005. Sports that will be aired on ESPN; Investigation on the company's practice of televising.
- Shooting and Scoring. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;5/23/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 21, p25
Looks at the impact of reality-competition television programs on the ratings of ESPN Original Entertainment. Description of the television programs; Impact of the loss of National Hockey League playoff contests on the network; Outlook for the ratings of the network.
- Mobile ESPN Reboots Via Verizon Wireless. Spangler, Todd // Multichannel News;2/12/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 7, p12
The article reports that ESPN's mobile video and content service will have a second service through an exclusive, multi-year deal with Verizon Wireless. The Mobile ESPN service will be available to Verizon Wireless' V Cast service subscribers. The carrier will offer the application ESPN...
- ESPN in the cross hairs. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;06/11/2001, Vol. 11 Issue 24, pSR22
Discusses the economic status of cable television network ESPN as of June 11, 2001. Recognition of the ESPN brand name worldwide; Household ratings of ESPN in 2001; Revenue in 2000.
- ESPN to Add HD Channel; Plans Full-Time 'Deportes' Kramer, Staci D. // Cable World (10427228);9/30/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 36, p8
Deals with the plan of ESPN to add cable television networks in its lineup in 2003. Objective of the company for launching ESPN HD; Information on ESPN Deportes.
- Ops Fret ESPN Hikes: This Year's and 2002's. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;04/30/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the preparations of cable television operators for a rate increase from ESPN. Potential acquisition of National Basketball Association package; Renewal of Sunday-night National Football League package.
- 'Perfect storm' hits pay TV biz. Sutter, Mary // Variety;4/1/2002, Vol. 386 Issue 7, pA6
Reports on the pay television (TV) programming in Latin America as of April 2002. Reason for the postponement of the launch of ESPN Fox Sports in Brazil; Number of legal pay TV homes in the region; Penetration of Argentina into pay TV homes; Brazil's leading pay TV programmer.