- Cartoon draws from new studio. McConville, Jim // Electronic Media;02/26/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p8
Reports that Cartoon Network is stepping up its animated television program output in the United States in 2001. Opening of the Burbank Animation Studio; List of animated television programs to be launched by the cable television network; Total value in programming budget allocated by Cartoon...
- Cable's Growth Continues. Larson, Megan // MediaWeek;7/1/2002-7/8/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 26, p6
Reports on the increase in cable television audience in the U.S. as of July 2002. List of launched series which helped increase individual network ratings; Cable networks which experienced decline in household ratings; Suggestion on increasing the flow of audience from broadcast to cable.
- Shocking Behavior. Cooper, Jim // Adweek Western Edition;06/14/99, Vol. 49 Issue 24, SPECIAL REPORT: CABLE p42
Looks at provocative television (TV) programs shown in cable networks in the United States. Reason for having these programs; Examples of TV programs; Target audience; Comments from cable network executives.
- Programming. // CableFAX Daily;3/16/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 51, p3
Reports on the programming of cable television networks in the U.S. in March 2006. Programs that will be launched by the networks; Schedule of the programs.
- Cable's top 25. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/29/99, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p42
Lists the top cable television programs in the United States for the week of March 15 to 21, 1999. Includes `WWF Wrestling'; `Rugrats'; `Die Hard.'
- Intervene In Your Own Household. Threlkeld, Tom Steinert // Multichannel News;11/13/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 45, p26
The article discusses the tendency of cable networks to push the boundaries on what is acceptable on television in the U.S. Because cable networks are competing against broadcast and Internet, their objective is always to get many viewers. Parents who are alarmed of potentially offensive...
- Cable Sizzles With Summer Ratings Hits. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;6/30/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 26, p1
Over the years, cable in the U.S. has capitalized during warm-weather months, trotting out fresh original series, movies and specials, while broadcasters have largely been flooding airwaves with countless reruns, as of June 2003. That's a combination that has conditioned viewers to turn to...
- MSNBC Gets 13 Emmy Nods. Applebaum, Simon // Multichannel News;7/21/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 29, p44
Focuses on 2003 News and Documentary Emmy Award nominations received by cable channel MSNBC. Nomination of 'The News With Brian Williams' for News Emmy award; Details of nominations received by other cable channels.
- Cable's top 25 people's choice. // Broadcasting & Cable;03/06/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 10, p50
Ranks the leading cable television network programs in the United States for week February 21-27, 2000. Program title; Television network; Time slot; Duration; Market share.