Better Life Is Seeking Carriage Fulfillment
- Adventures in DBS: Advanced Internet multimedia services. Schaeffler, Jimmy // Satellite Communications;May99, Vol. 23 Issue 5, p26
Focuses on direct broadcast satellite's (DBS) advanced Internet multimedia (AIM) services which enhance television viewing. How DirectTV views Tivo and Wink interactive technologies; Information on Wink Communications interactive feature; Expectations of Rick Westerman, EchoStar's director of...
- Digital System Boosts Subs. Harben, Ayesha // Variety;09/20/99, Vol. 376 Issue 5, p47
Highlights the launching of Digital Multimedia System (DMS) by the Malaysian satellite television broadcaster Astro. Estimated number of subscribers of Astro; Promotional price of the DMS.
- Music TV: Rome to Middle East. Lichtman, Irv // Billboard;5/21/94, Vol. 106 Issue 21, p86
Reports on Middle East markets' benefits from Rome, Italy-based satellite broadcaster Orbit. Region programming with music television content; German broadcaster COM-TV's satellite-based country and modern rock format expected to start in July 1994.
- This Just In: Qatar's Satellite Channel. Wu, Steven // Harvard International Review;Fall99, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p14
Explains the success of the Qatari al-Jazeera Satellite Channel in the broadcasting industry. How the company started its operation; Features of the channel's broadcasts; Popularity among the Arab people.
- Washington Watch. Stern, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 38, p18
Reports on the decision of DIRECTV President Eddy Hartenstein to pressurize lawmakers to limit cable's `basic tier' to broadcast channels and public, education and government channels. Brief on the plan of Hartenstein.
- Distant signals on copyright royalties. Fleming, Heather // Broadcasting & Cable;12/09/96, Vol. 126 Issue 51, p26
Reports on the difference in satellite copyright royalty rates for the satellite and broadcasting industries of the United States. Expiry date of the royalty fee schedule; Features of the 1984 Satellite Home Viewer Act; Broadcasters' contention that satellite carriers benefit by transmitting...
- How will Broadcast programmes reach the home in the future? Philips, G. J. // BKSTS Journal;Feb1981, Vol. 63 Issue 2, p156
The article focuses on the search of new technologies as a method for distributing programmes to the public in Great Britain. To meet the public needs, technology trends and advances are being considered. The author presents trends and new techniques on television and sound broadcasting...
- Satellite vs. fiber. Brown, Peter J. // Broadcasting & Cable;07/31/2000, Vol. 130 Issue 32, p52
Focuses on the appropriateness of satellite technology over fiber optic cables for use in the broadcasting industry in the United States. Suitability of satellite for video-on-demand servers in headends nationwide; Availability of resources built around satellite distribution; Limited...
- Obstacles to Growth. // Broadcast & CableSat;9/30/2015, p1
The article focuses on low growth of direct to home (DTH) market in India citing reference to several free DTH service provider such as Doordarshan and several challenges faced by Indian DTH industry like increased competition, competitive rates, state taxes and high infrastructure cost.