Gay-Aimed 'Here! TV' Goes Premium
- Spike To Start, Finally, Aug. 11. Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;7/28/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 30, p19
Reports on the renaming of cable television network from The National Network to Spike TV on August 11, 2003. Overview of the programs to be displayed on the channel.
- Cable's Friendly to Families, Beta Finds. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;4/19/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 16, p20
Provides information on the survey entitled, "2004 Beta Research Brand Identity Study." Top cable television stations that are family-oriented; Perceptions of viewers on advertising clutter; Networks described as entertaining.
- In Demand's Events Get two Channels. Umstead, R. Thomas // Multichannel News;8/18/2003, Vol. 24 Issue 33, p2
Deals with the plan of cable television network In Demand to convert two of its pay-per-view channels to events-only outlets. Reason behind the move; Types of programs to be offered by the channels; Details on the channel's distribution and viewers.
- ESPN's Action-Packed Highlights Reel. Schley, Stewart // Multichannel News;9/6/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p16
Focuses on the development of the Entertainment and Sports Programming Network (ESPN) in Connecticut. Broadcast network model followed by ESPN; Relationship of ESPN with the cable industry; Historic achievements of the industry. INSET: ESPN DRIVES DISNEY'S CABLE REVENUE ENGINE.
- AT A GLANCE. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/22/2003, Vol. 133 Issue 51, p11
Reports on the market condition of the broadcast and cable television sectors in the U.S. as of December 2003. Income per capita; Top television stations; Top cable subscribers.
- Top 20 Cable TV Networks, 2003. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2004, p268
Lists the top 20 cable television networks in 2003, including TBS Superstation, ESPN, C-SPAN and Discovery Channel.
- Finally, You Get Your MHD. Antonoff, Michael // Sound & Vision;Feb/Mar2006, Vol. 71 Issue 2, p12
The article announces that MTV has launched its high-definition channel, MHD, from a studio in Colorado. MHD or Music High Definition will draw its content from MTV, VH1 and CMT channels. It will features hip-hop, rock, country, pop, reggae and soul on concerts and on videos. Jeremy Bloom will...
- Cable-Station Sparring Spikes. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;1/5/2009, Vol. 28 Issue 1, p1
The article reports that after a 2008 full of brinksmanship and bullying between U.S. television stations and the cable operators that carry their signals, 2009 may shape up as the jittery calm before a bigger political conflict over retransmission consent. It says that more than 50% of the...
- Sport centered. Levine, Stuart // Daily Variety;7/14/2004, Vol. 284 Issue 7, pA2
Talks about the NFL Network, a cable television network launched by the National Football League. Cost of the producing the network; Executives who will lead NFL Network; Impact of the network on the entertainment industry.