Studio: Movies Have Basic Appeal
- Recall Election Lifts Fox News. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;10/13/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 41, p8
reports on the audience attracted by Fox News Channel in covering the October 7, 2003 California gubernatorial election. Number of viewers; Viewers attracted by CNN; Data on viewership for the preliminaries.
- CABLE CHANNELS TAKE AIM AT WOMEN. Goodwin, Betty // Television Week;11/7/2005, Vol. 24 Issue 45, p10
This article focuses on the effort of cable networks to tailor their programming to women. In increasing numbers, women are tuning in to basic cable networks geared to women as well as those aimed at families. Leading the way is Lifetime Television Network, which far outdraws its niche rivals in...
- A WAKE-UP CALL FOR OLD-LINE MEDIA. Mermigas, Diane // Television Week;1/12/2004, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p20
Discusses the effect of the growing schism between cable television and television networks on the digital development of television broadcasting in the U.S. Information on the audience and advertiser erosion in broadcast television; Forecast on the upfront advertising market; Factors that will...
- With a few good men. Levine, Stuart // Variety;2/2/2004, Vol. 393 Issue 11, pA8
Reports on the effort of cable TV History Channel network to attract male TV viewers with its program offerings. Decrease in male viewers of the network; Top-rated shows of the cable channel in 2003; Type of programming subjects that appeal to viewers.
- Summer Scorecard. Albiniak, Paige; Romano, Allison // Broadcasting & Cable;8/16/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 33, p6
Focuses on the TV audience share of several stations in the U.S., as of August 2004. Increase in the TV audience share of CBS; Decline in the audience share of WB and UPN; Impact of the increase in the TV audience share of several stations on cable networks.
- REACH THE WORLD. // Campaign;5/27/2005, Issue 22, p41
The article reports that MTV has launched its hundredth channel in February 2005. The television station has potential audience of one billion people. Dave Sibley, the head of MTV's international marketing partnerships group, puts its success down to effective localization, combined with...
- Stations, Cable Systems Face Off. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;1/22/2007, Vol. 26 Issue 4, p1
This article reports on the disputes between television stations and cable operators about how much cable systems should pay to retransmit signals of stations in the U.S. in 2007. Cable operators have begun distributing free rabbit ears equipped with switches, so viewers can toggle between their...
- ESPN has a ball in record ratings week. Dempsey, John // Daily Variety;10/12/2005, Vol. 289 Issue 8, p11
Reports on the performance of ESPN television station in the U.S. Total primetime viewers who watched professional football, Major League Baseball and college football games broadcast in the network; Ratings received by the programs; Success of ESPN over Nickelodeon cable network.
- CABLE NEWS ELECTIONS RACE BY THE NUMBERS. Greppi, Michele // Television Week;3/24/2008, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p54
The article presents data from Nielsen Co. on the viewership of cable news networks for 2008. Fox has maintained its first-place position among cable news networks with an average of 1.83 million total viewers in prime time, a 14 percent increase from the comparable period in 2007. CNN has...