Cox Crews Pitch In After Hurricane Ivan
- Putting a Perfect Storm Behind Them. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the recovery of Cox Communications Inc.'s New Orleans team from the effects of Hurricane Katrina in Louisiana. It formed a group to help evacuate more than 100 employees from Cox's Baton Rouge cable system. In addition, the restoration of Cox New Orleans has been 95%...
- BEFORE AND AFTER KATRINA: TRACKING TWO SYSTEMS. // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p18
The article reports on the outlook of Cox Communications Inc. before and after Hurricane Katrina occurred in New Orleans, Louisiana. Cox New Orleans has a total of 292,000 subscribers including the Baton Rouge and Lafayette clusters. In March, Cox Business Services in Baton Rouge launched its...
- LESSONS FROM NEW ORLEANS: ARE WE READY? Mariga, Vanessa // Canadian Underwriter;Aug2007, Vol. 74 Issue 8, p10
The article analyzes the preparedness of Canada for natural disasters of the same magnitude as the 2005 Hurricane Katrina in New Orleans. The author narrates the detection of Hurricane Katrina through the systems of New Orleans-based telecommunications company Cox Communications and the failure...
- Ops In Rita's Path Get In Gear. Reynolds, Mike // Multichannel News;9/26/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 40, p5
Reports on the measures taken by Time Warner Cable in preparation to the landfall of Hurricane Rita in Texas in September 2005. Problems faced by the company in the evacuation of its employees; Damage caused by Hurricane Katrina on Cox Communications Inc. in New Orleans, Louisiana.
- Getting Back to Pre-Katrina Business. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;2/19/2007, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p22
The article reports on the effort of Cox Communications Inc. to restore its pre-Hurricane Katrina business operation in New Orleans, Louisiana. The company started to recover its lost during the hurricane, mobilizing its cable systems which started to regain subscribers, selling multiple...
- Cox System Auction Nears Wrapup. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;9/12/2005, Vol. 26 Issue 38, p10
Focuses on the auction of TCA Cable TV Inc. properties by multiple system operator Cox Communications Inc. in the U.S. List of bidders interested in buying the properties, including Mediacom Communications Corp.; Location of the systems; Reason behind the decision of Cox to auction TCA Cable...
- The Bumpy Road Through Upgrades. Brady, Shirley // Cable World (10427228);7/15/2002, Vol. 14 Issue 28, p46
Focuses on the importance of local marketing in launching an upgrade of Internet service. Information on Cox Communications' marketing strategy; Customer relations goal of Mediacom Communications; Action taken by Sunflower Broadband in Kansas to relieve upgrade woes.
- No Joy In Hurricane Outlook. Moss, Linda // Multichannel News;5/29/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 22, p16
Reports on the decision of Jim Cantore, meteorologist of the Weather Channel, to join the hurricane-preparedness fair sponsored by the network and Cox Communications in New Orleans, Louisiana. Forecasted number of hurricanes that will hit the U.S. from June to November 2006 according to the...
- Under served Markets Serve Mediacom Well. Neel, K. C. // Multichannel News;2/27/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 9, p30
Features businessman Rocco Commisso and his establishment of Mediacom Communications Corp. Success of Mediacom in the U.S.; Career background of Commisso; Recovery of the company from Hurricanes Ivan and Katrina.