This Just In
- Digital 2.0: Insight Shuffles Channels, Adds More VOD. // CableFAX Daily;9/26/2006, Vol. 17 Issue 186, p1
The article reports on the U.S. launch of Digital 2.0, a revamped digital service from Insight Communications Inc. The company is preparing to launch a test of the digital service to Evansville, Indiana and the rest of its Southwest district. The service will bring changes to the company's...
- THE WALLFLOWER KNOWS. Powers, William // National Journal;3/20/2004, Vol. 36 Issue 12, p898
Presents information on C-SPAN, the U.S. Congressional TV network. Misconceptions about the TV network; Information on the performance of the TV network during its 25 years of televising the Congress; Views on the coverage of the campaign of presidential candidate by the TV network.
- Fox is leader of the TV pack. Rathbun, Elizabeth A. // Broadcasting & Cable;04/19/99, Vol. 129 Issue 16, p39
Reports on Fox Television Stations Inc.'s dominance of `Broadcasting & Cable' magazine's list of the top 25 television groups in the United States, based on number of stations controlled as of April 1999. Percentage of all television stations controlled by the top ten television groups;...
- Fox, affils reach truce on ad plan. Adalian, Josef // Variety;05/31/99, Vol. 375 Issue 3, p26
Reports that Fox Television Stations Inc. and its affiliates have declared a truce in the dispute over the company's plan to take back its commercial inventory.
- Finding value in local TV. Mermigas, Diane // Electronic Media;03/08/99, Vol. 18 Issue 10, p13
Discusses the value of local television stations in the United States. Former CBS president Gene Jankowski's scolding of local broadcasters for selling their `most powerful weapon' in the digital age, their local franchise; Broadcasters' alleged underestimation of the power of their local...
- Still Nasty After All These Years. Case, Tony // MediaWeek;11/11/2002, Vol. 12 Issue 41, p20
Discusses the adversarial relationship between U.S. television broadcast networks and their affiliates. Economic conditions which networks maintain, have forced them to get tougher with affiliates; Competition between American Broadcasting Co. and National Broadcasting Co. Inc.
- The affiliate shuffle, continued. JAZ; SC // Broadcasting & Cable;7/11/94, Vol. 124 Issue 28, p15
Reports on alliances and defections of television station affiliates with television broadcasting networks. CBS Inc.'s agreement with WOIO in Cleveland; NBC's alliance with KPRC-TV in Houston, Texas and WDIV in Detroit, Michigan; NBC's discussion with its affiliate board on new contracts aimed...
- Web Polling Makes Viewers Feel Involved. Callahan, Sean // Television Week;7/21/2003, Vol. 22 Issue 29, p30
Reports on the ways in which U.S. television stations use their interactive Web polling functionality as of July 21, 2003. KSTP-TV; KDKA-TV; WCCB-TV; KYW.
- Flax 'maxed on blurb bender. Littleton, Cynthia // Variety;06/15/98, Vol. 371 Issue 6, p25
Announces that television (TV) stations in the United States are preparing as of September 1998 to air daily doses of the hit situation comedy `Friends.' Pre-pre-launch tease campaign; Information on the 43rd TV industry's annual marketing confabulation.