BIG GUYS TO SPLIT UP ADELPHIA?
- This Just In. // Multichannel News;10/11/2004, Vol. 25 Issue 41, p4
Reports on the board meeting of Adelphia Communications Corp. which focuses on the decision whether to block a joint bid for its cable assets from Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Reason behind the board's consideration to block the joint bid; Estimated number of companies which signed the...
- Call Waiting. // CableFAX Daily;10/20/2005, Vol. 16 Issue 204, p2
Reports on the decision of Adelphia to cancel plans to launch voice-over Internet protocol service in some markets in the U.S. by the end of 2005 leaving the responsibilities to Comcast and Time Warner.
- BAD RECEPTION. Maio, Pat // Orange County Business Journal;10/3/2005, Vol. 28 Issue 40, p7
Reports on the joint venture between two cable companies, Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. for the take over of the regional operations of bankrupt Adelphia Communications Corp. Terms under the deal; Benefits of the agreement for both companies; Operations of two companies.
- At Deadline. // MediaWeek;4/11/2005, Vol. 15 Issue 15, p7
Presents an update on mass media in the U.S. as of April 11, 2005. Agreement of Time Warner and Comcast with cable operator Adelphia Communications to buy its subscribers; Promotion of Don Browne at NBC Universal; Appointment of Sally Preston at Martha Stewart Living Omnimedia.
- Cash and Cable. Grossman, Andrew // Broadcasting & Cable;10/4/2004, Vol. 134 Issue 40, p8
Reports on the plan of Comcast Corp. and Time Warner Inc. to bid for Adelphia Communications Corp. in the U.S. as of October 4, 2004. Information on a deal between Comcast Corp. and Time Warner; Benefits of acquiring Adelphia to the companies; Effect of the bid on the bondholders of Adelphia.
- FTC OK's Adelphia Deal. Eggerton, John // Broadcasting & Cable;2/6/2006, Vol. 136 Issue 6, p23
Reports on the approval of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission on the acquisition of Adelphia by Time Warner and Comcast. Value of the acquisition; Plans of the two companies on Adelphia; Statement of the commission on the decision.
- TW Hopes for Full FCC. Hearn, Ted; Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;4/17/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 16, p41
Focuses on the delay in the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's approval of the acquisition of Adelphia Communications Corp. by Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Claim made by satellite providers that Comcast and Time Warner will emerge from the deal with so much regional market clout;...
- Court OKs Adephia Sale. Farrell, Mike // Multichannel News;7/10/2006, Vol. 27 Issue 27, p5
Reports on the approval of U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Robert Gerber for the sale of Adelphia Communications Corp. to Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. Reorganization plans for assets in California, New York and Ohio; Remarks of Adelphia chairman and chief executive officer William Schleyer on the...
- CABLERS SNARE FILL 0' ADELPHIA. Goldsmith, Jill; McClintock, Pamela // Daily Variety;4/21/2005, Vol. 287 Issue 14, p1
The article informs that a ruling by a federal bankruptcy judge in New York on Wednesday appears to have paved the way for Time Warner Inc. and Comcast Corp. to buy Adelphia Communications Corp., in a $17.6 billion deal that could be announced as early as today. Judge Robert Gerber approved a...