Curtainwall on Federal Building Combines Security, Aesthetics
- Sustainable position. // Architectural Record;Feb2004, Vol. 192 Issue 2, p174
Wausau Window and Wall Systems' brochure called Build Green showcases Wausau's support of green building and sustainable design goals through product features such as energy-efficient glass and framing, natural daylighting, exterior sunshades and occupant-controlled ventilation. For further...
- Flexible window wall. // Architectural Record;Aug2003, Vol. 191 Issue 8, p196
Wausau's new RX Series window wall can be used for almost any opening or a continuous, vertical strip of windows. The RX Series from Wausau Window and Wall Systems meets rigorous performance standards for water-resistance, air-infiltration, and thermal-efficiency, as well as accommodating...
- Window retrofits. // American School & University;Feb2003, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p62
Describes the window system that Wausau Window and Wall Systems created for Buntrock Commons, a student union at Saint Olaf College in Northfield, Minnesota. Facilities at the Buntrock Commons; Function of the window system; Use of the complementary beveled accent mullions of the window system.
- Application--Windows. // American School & University;Feb2000, Vol. 72 Issue 6, p50f
Evaluates the Heritage Series windows system from Wausau Window and Wall Systems used at the Purnell Center for Performing Arts of Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Information on the windows system; Function and features of the system.
- Openings. // Architectural Record;Dec2008, Vol. 196 Issue 12, p179
The article reviews several building materials, including the ZH Duemilacinque door lever, Wausau's Low-Profile projected windows, and a folding glass wall system.
- BUILDING MATERIALS. // Health Facilities Management;Nov2007, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
The article features several building materials, including the 3250i-HP Insulbar Hurricane series windows from Wausau Window and Wall Systems, the Anchor-Tite HG Fascia from Metal-Era Inc. and the Cambridge Metal Fabric Shading Systems from Cambridge Architectural.
- Blast-resistant curtains. Orrell, Rita Catinella // Architectural Record;Aug2007, Vol. 195 Issue 8, p188
The article evaluates the blast-resistant glass curtains engineered and fabricated by Wausau Window and Wall Systems and installed at the Zorinsky Federal Building in Omaha, Nebraska.
- Pushing the Envelope. Hucal, Michelle // Environmental Design & Construction;Apr2009, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p50
The article focuses on the building envelope products and buildings that were designed with high-performance sustainability goals. Payette integrated sustainable elements to Medical Information Technology Inc.'s building that would capitalize on the natural landscape and scenic location of the...
- THE STALIN LOOK. Arutiunova, Anna; Brown, Frank // Newsweek (Atlantic Edition);7/12/2004 (Atlantic Edition), Vol. 144 Issue 2, p38
Discusses how money from Russian oil industries is fueling the real estate market in Moscow, Russia. Consideration of how Mayor Yuri Luzhkov opened historic Moscow to developers in 1992; Possibility that 800 old buildings will be condemned and reconstructed; Development of new buildings in a...