Delayed Exit No Entrance
- Intumescent seals for fire door frames. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p40
This article reports that following the British Woodworking Federation initiative to define a standard 30 minute fire door frame, Mann McGowan has completed a range of tests in accordance with Certifire Technical Schedules 21 and 35. The Mann McGowan ID range of Intumescents can be used as a...
- Integrating Doorways. // Security: Solutions for Enterprise Security Leaders;Jan2005, Vol. 42 Issue 1, p20
The article discusses high tech doorways. Doorways have evolved from simple mechanical building components into high-tech access components. The first function of doorways is to limit or control who enters a building. But equally important is the need to get people out of a building, especially...
- Chubb Fire opens doors. // Fire Safety Engineering;Jan2005, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p32
The article focuses on the company Chubb Fire which has introduced Chubb Dorgard, a product that enables businesses to keep open fire doors without compromising fire safety. The Chubb Dorgard is a battery operated device that can be easily installed on any fire door enabling the door to be held...
- The editor's comment. Northey, John // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p1
This article presents the editor's comment on issue related to fire safety. There are many people who believe third party certification should be compulsory, so the subject of certification schemes is well covered in this issue of Fire Safety Engineering. An area of fire safety that people are...
- FIRE DOORS MORE THAN AN OPEN AND SHUT CASE. // Fire Safety Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p16
This article reports that fire doorsets are complex products requiring specialist knowledge. For the specifier, however, the single most important consideration is that, if the worst should happen and fire breaks out, the doorset will perform as it has been designed to do. It has been Chiltern...
- New Code Changes. // Education Digest;Oct1961, Vol. 27 Issue 2, p57
The article reports that a change in the Building Exits Code of the National Fire Protection Association permits a two-story school building to have open stairways provided the building is completely sprinklered. The new code, which was adopted by the Association at its 1961 meeting in Detroit,...
- Access Control. // American City & County;Aug2002, Vol. 117 Issue 12, p47
Evaluates several pieces of equipment for doors. Clearview 2000 Ultra revolving doors from Safesec; 1X6 MET keypad from StacoSwitch.
- what's this? // dig;Apr2008, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p5
A drawing of the Mogao's doorways is presented.
- Blue Door. TAMKIN, ROI J. // Penumbra;2014, Vol. 24, p66
A photograph titled "Blue Door" by Roi J. Tamkin is presented.