EPA policy may spur private water loans, SRF debt
- EPA considering raising chloroform goals for drinking water. // Public Health Reports;Jul/Aug98, Vol. 113 Issue 4, p290
Reports that the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has developed a process to determine the risks associated with the disinfection of drinking water. Description of the process; Reference made to the Maximum Contaminant Level Goal.
- NO VIOLATIONS IN 94 PERCENT OF U.S. WATER SYSTEMS, EPA REPORTS. // Professional Safety;Aug2000, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p18
Deals with the result of a study by the United States (U.S.) Environmental Protection Agency on drinking violations at public water systems of the U.S. during 1998. Percentage of violations that involve monitoring and reporting; Web site of the report.
- EPA plan to allow NYC to avoid filtration. // WaterWorld;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p10
Reports on the Environmental Protection Agency's announcement that it will issue a determination allowing New York City to protect the quality of its drinking water by preventing pollution at the source in the upstate watershed.
- U.S. systems' 20-year need tops $138 billion. // WaterWorld;Mar97, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p1
Reports on a survey sponsored by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) showing that America needs an investment of at least $138 billion through the year 2014 to upgrade its community drinking water infrastructure. Compliance with Safe Drinking Water Act requirements; Replacement of...
- EPA Official Outlines Water Agenda for 1998-99. // WaterWorld;Sep98, Vol. 14 Issue 8, p2
Focuses on the US Environmental Protection Agency's drinking water program in the United States for 1998-1999. Aim of protecting human health from microbiological contaminants and disinfectants byproducts; Comment by Bob Perciasepe, assistant administrator for water; Efforts on building a...
- EPA releases drinking water overview. // WaterWorld;Oct98, Vol. 14 Issue 9, p1
Reports on the results of United States Environmental Protection Agency's 1998 first annual assessment of drinking water system compliance. Reported violations of health standards; Importance of formal enforcement action; Provisions of the 1996 Safe Drinking Water Act.
- EPA Announces New Allocations for Drinking Water SRF. // WaterWorld;Jun2001, Vol. 17 Issue 6, p9
Reports on the United States Environmental Protection Agency's revision of the Drinking Water State Revolving Fund allocations. Annual appropriations for each state.
- Self-Evaluation Toolkit for Water Systems. // Journal of Environmental Health;Apr2003, Vol. 65 Issue 8, p52
Reports that National Drinking Water Clearinghouse is offering a practical self-assessment toolkit created for community water systems by the Maryland Center for Environmental Training and funded by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Objectives achieved by using the toolkit; Contents of...
- WHITMAN'S REPORT ON FUNDING PROMPTS CALLS FOR SUPPORT. Winston, Sherie; Wright, Andrew G. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;10/14/2002, Vol. 249 Issue 16, p12
Focuses on the launching of gap analysis related to the maintenance of nation's wastewater and drinking water infrastructure by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency. Estimation of maintenance costs for clean water; Risk in public health and water quality; Impact of revenue on gap analysis.