Governors give debt plans: Schools, roads, environment
- Economist adds it up for states: Tight spending + taxes = low yields. Polyak, Ilana // Bond Buyer;01/26/98, Vol. 323 Issue 30317, p3
Focuses on the results of a study showing that the most favorable general obligation yields for municipal bonds go to states that do not like to spend money but know where to get some. Average savings on yields by deficit-free states; Attitude by investors to expenditure caps; Comment by James...
- BOND SALES BY STATE: January. // Bond Buyer;02/01/2001, Vol. 335 Issue 31068, p35
Presents statistics reflecting the sale of municipal bonds by state in the United States in January 2001.
- Munis Unchanged on Mixed Economic Data. Scarchilli, Michael; Posmer, Matthew // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p2
The article reports on the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market on March 16, 2007. A New York trader commented that the market remained unchanged with a slightly weaker tone. Dane County, Wisconsin has competitively sold a general obligation airport bonds worth $29.3 million to First...
- N.J. Board Approves $370 Million For Issuers Throughout the State. Kaske, Michelle // Bond Buyer;3/16/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32588, p30
The article reports on the approval of debts worth $370 million by the Local Finance Board of New Jersey to finance refunding programs and capital improvement projects for local government and authorities in the state. It covers that $135 million will be allocated for the refunding of previous...
- Munis Firmer as Treasuries Show Gains. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;6/28/2007, Vol. 360 Issue 32660, p2
The article reports on the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. as of June 28, 2007. Traders reported that tax-exempt yields were lower by about two basis points as the Federal Open Market Committee started its two day meeting on monetary policy. One of the dealer sold to a...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;9/14/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31968, p31
This article presents data regarding issued municipal bonds with their respective amounts as on September 13, 2004, for eights states of the U.S. in comparison to bond issues of September 6, 2004. This tabulated data is presented by the periodical "The Bond Buyer." There is a decrease of...
- Munis Unchanged; Data Comes in Stronger. Scarchilli, Michael; Posner, Matthew // Bond Buyer;1/22/2007, Vol. 359 Issue 32551, p2
The article reports the performance of the U.S. municipal bond market on January 19, 2007. A New York trader said that the market was unchanged with a slightly weaker tone. Several insiders commented on the slow bids which are being displayed over municipal treasuries. An interdealer trade from...
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p14
Several charts are presented that show the results of negotiated sales of municipal bonds offered by various states in the U.S. including Colorado, Florida and Illinois.
- Results of Competitive Sales. // Bond Buyer;12/14/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32528, p26
Several charts are presented that show the results of competitive sales of municipal bonds offered by various states in the U.S. including California, Indiana and Minnesota.