Hevesi endorses idea to use tobacco settlement on N.Y.C. capital projects
- N.Y. Comptroller Wants Board to Postpone Vote on Station Financing Plan. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;9/21/2006, Vol. 357 Issue 32471, p3
The article focuses on the request of New York Comptroller Alan Hevesi to delay the vote on a proposed financing plan for the new Moynihan Station in New York City. According to reports, the state's Public Authorities Control Board was to consider and possibly vote on a financing plan for the...
- Hevesi: Divest tobacco stocks. // Crain's New York Business;7/18/94, Vol. 10 Issue 29, p1
Reports on Comptroller Alan Hevesi's encouragement of trustees of New York City's worker pension system request financial information from tobacco companies.
- New York to Sell $159 Million in GOs. Whalen, Robert // Bond Buyer;3/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32337, p4
The article reports that New York will sell $158.5 million of taxable and tax-exempt general obligation bonds to finance general capital needs. The bonds will be sold in two series using i-Deal's Parity electronic bidding system according to Comptroller Alan Hevesi. The tax-exempt bonds will...
- N.Y. Comptroller Announces Up to $4.15B in 3Q Debt. Albanese, Elisabeth // Bond Buyer;7/21/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31930, p28
Reports on New York State Comptroller Alan Hevesi's press release on scheduled bond issues by state agencies and authorities for the third quarter of 2004. Sales volume for the period; Major bond deals for the period.
- N.Y.C. needs long-term funding sources, comptroller urges. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;12/07/99, Vol. 330 Issue 30782, p6
Reports on New York City comptroller Alan G. Hevesi's projection that the city will run out of borrowing power in the fiscal year beginning July 1, 2000. Difficulty in repaying debts; Capital spending needs as estimated by the comptroller's office; Suggestion to use more pay-as-you-go spending...
- N.Y.C.'s not planning to securitize aid to overhaul outmoded infrastructure. Kruger, Daniel // Bond Buyer;08/26/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30465, p6
Reports on New York City's announcement that it is not planning to securitize federal aid to overhaul outmoded infrastructure. Report by Comptroller Alan G. Hevesi titled `Dilemma in the Millennium'; Suggestions on how to meet the city's financing needs.
- State spending spree could bring fiscal woes. Khasru, B. Z. // Westchester County Business Journal;10/10/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 41, p44
The article reports on the probable financial misery that the New York state my suffer due to its spending spree. A report was issued by State Comptroller Alan Hevesi that found New York state's spending has outpaced the rate of inflation by nearly three times and has soared 26.2 percent since 2001.
- Hevesi Calls Debt Evil, Easy. Cataldo, Adam L. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32298, p1
The article focuses on the views of New York comptroller Alan Hevesi on state debt. Hevesi criticized the move of the state to depend on debt. He encouraged state legislators to reform the use of debt. Specifically, he said that bad debt are those debts that will be used for operating costs....
- Bethel construction tirm loses NY highway contract. // Fairfield County Business Journal;11/14/2005, Vol. 44 Issue 46, p6
The article reports that New York state Comptroller Alan Hevesi has repealed a forty-six million contract awarded to Worth Construction to build an interchange between Interstates 87 and 84 near Newburgh, New York. New York State Thruway Authority Executive Director Michael Fleischer had agreed...