Sen. Stevens may fold D.C. subcommittee
- Beverage industry gains ally with Hutchison win. Gatty, Bob // Beverage Industry;Jul93, Vol. 84 Issue 7, p24
Examines the potential impact of the election of Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison on the beverage industry. Policy of Hutchison regarding replacement of strikers; Taxation.
- Police arrest alleged Hutchison stalker. Raju, Manu // Hill;4/1/2008, Vol. 15 Issue 34, p3
The article reports that police officers in Dallas, Texas, have charged a man with a felony for allegedly stalking Senator Kay Baily Hutchison.
- Let Thomas Jefferson rest in peace. Hutchison, Kay Bailey // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/1/93, Vol. 59 Issue 6, p183
Presents a speech by the Texas State Treasurer, titled `Let Thomas Jefferson Rest in Peace,' delivered at the Municipal Bond Investors Assurance Seminar in Tucson, Arizona on Novmeber 11, 1992, examining how to take back control of state budgets.
- Hasta la vista, Bobby. Gregory, Sophfronia Scot; Blackman, Ann // Time;6/14/1993, Vol. 141 Issue 24, p31
Discusses how Kay Bailey Hutchison defeated Democrat Bob Krueger for the seat vacated in January by Lloyd Bentsen becoming the first woman to represent Texas in the U.S. Senate. Details of the campaign.
- Kay Bailey Hutchison... // U.S. News & World Report;10/11/93, Vol. 115 Issue 14, p20
Comments that Kay Bailey Hutchison, the first woman Texas has ever elected to the US Senate, has gone from stardom to scandal. Indictment for misconduct in her former job as Texas state treasurer--an indictment she calls a `political witch hunt' by Democrats against a Republican.
- Political heat. // Human Events;4/28/95, Vol. 51 Issue 16, p24
Reports that Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison beat Democratic Representatives Chet Edwards and Pete Geren to win the 18th annual Congressional Club Chili Cook-Off. Recipe.
- Austin American-Statesman. // Hill;11/20/2009, Vol. 16 Issue 139, p14
The article reflects on the problems that may arise with U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison's desire to be the governor in Texas.
- One more woman in the Senate. // Glamour;May93, Vol. 91 Issue 5, p133
Profiles Texas State Treasurer Kay Bailey Hutchinson who is facing Democrat Bob Krueger in a race for the U.S. Senate seat vacated by Lloyd Bentsen, the president's new treasury secretary. How the campaign is going; Support from women; Why she is a dream candidate for her party.
- Terminated in Texas. Carroll, Ginny // Newsweek;6/14/1993, Vol. 121 Issue 24, p37
Discusses Texan Kay Bailey Hutchison's win over Sen. Bob Krueger for the Senate seat vacated by Treasury Secretary Lloyd Bentsen, by a margin of 2-1. Krueger as Gov. Ann Richards' choice; Sen. Phil Gramm; Texas voters' unhappiness over President Bill Clinton's proposed tax increases and...