Labor Dept. probes early release of PPI
- Jan PPI Rises, Core Rate Falls. Vekshin, Alison // Bond Buyer;2/19/2002, Vol. 339 Issue 31327, p2
Reports on the increase in overall producer price index and decline in core rate in January 2002 according to the U.S. Labor Department. Projections made by economists regarding gain in price index and core rate; Percentage increase in energy prices in comparison to December 2001; Rationale...
- February PPI Jumps 1.6%; Core Rate Rises 0.2%. Hume, Lynn // Bond Buyer;3/17/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33484, p2
The article reports on the increase in the index of producer prices for finished energy goods and finished consumer foods in the U.S. in February 2011 based on the report of the U.S. Department of Labor.
- Construction materials prices rise in March. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;4/26/2010, Vol. 21 Issue 17, p18
The article discusses the report presented by the U.S. Labor Department (DOL) which reveals an increase on the prices for construction materials by 1.3% based on the producer price index.
- March PPI Falls 0.6%; Core Rate Rises 0.2%. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;4/15/2013, Vol. 384 Issue 33894, p2
The article focuses on a report released by the U.S. Labor Department which shows the producer price index has dropped down by 0.6 percent whereas the core rates, excluding food and energy has increased up to 0.2 percent in March 2013.
- PPI: Women's prices down again in May. Ramey, Joanna // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;6/12/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 114, p14
Reports on a decline in wholesale prices of United States-made women's apparel in May 1996 as compared with April of the same year, according to the Labor Department's Produce Price Index. Comments from American Apparel Manufacturers Association economist Carl Priestland; Decline in prices for...
- March PPI Jumps 0.7%; Core Rate Rises 0.3%. Hume, Lynn // Investment Dealers' Digest;4/15/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 15, p10
The article presents a report from the U.S. Labor Department regarding the 0.7% increase in producer price index in March 2011.
- April PPI Jumps 0.8%; Core Rate Rises 0.3%. Moore, Dennis // Investment Dealers' Digest;5/13/2011, Vol. 77 Issue 18, p8
The article mentions the 0.8% growth in the producer price index (PPI) and 0.3% growth in core rate prices as reported by the U.S. Department of Labor.
- FOOTWEAR PRICES CREEPING HIGHER. CASABONA, LIZA // FN: Footwear News;3/24/2008, Vol. 64 Issue 11, p62
The article focuses on the Producer Price Index released by the U.S. Labor Department according to which the wholesale prices for the domestically manufactured footwear increased 1.6 percent in February 2011 and spiked 3.5 percent from the previous year.
- May PPI Climbs 0.2%; Core Rate Rises 0.2%. Moore, Dennis // Bond Buyer;6/15/2011, Vol. 376 Issue 33533, p2
The article focuses on the report by the Labor Department on the increase of index in the producer price by 0.2 percent in the U.S.