EZ program adds 20 new communities
- Avoid Retroactive Bond Bills, NABL Plans to Ask Congress. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;03/24/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30856, p1
Focuses on the letter drafted by a National Association of Bond Lawyers (NABL) task force, seeking to discourage members of the United States Congress from introducing bills with retroactive effective dates in order to curb certain tax-exempt bond transactions. Rationale behind the group's...
- California Court to Hear Arguments In Funding Case for Religious Schools. Saskal, Rich // Bond Buyer;11/10/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32506, p35
The article reports that the California Supreme Court has scheduled oral arguments in a case that could determine if religious schools in the state can issue tax-exempt debt through the state's conduit issuers. The court will hear arguments in the case California Statewide Communities...
- Texas Housing Issuers Liking the Terms of GO Zone Law. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;5/26/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32390, p3
The article reports that Texas housing issuers are liking the terms of Gulf Opportunity (GO) Zone law for the benefits offered by it. The GO Zone law authorizes the issuance of up to $7.9 billion of private-activity bonds exempt from state caps to finance recovery efforts in areas affected by...
- Guidance on tax-exempt bonds issued. // Practical Accountant;Jun94, Vol. 27 Issue 6, p21
Reports that final, temporary (TD 8538) and proposed regs (FI-7-94) have been issued on arbitrage restrictions on tax-exempt bonds.
- Freed's approved for BFA bonds. // New Hampshire Business Review;5/24/96, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p34
Reports that the state Business Finance Authority has given final approval for tax-exempt bonds to Freed's Bakery in Manchester, New Hampshire.
- Columbus readies pension bond sale after IRS fails to appeal tax ruling. Goldsmith, Steve // Bond Buyer;07/08/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30430, p30
Focuses on the scheduled sale of tax-exempt pension bonds by Columbus, Ohio after a four-year legal battle with the US Internal Revenue Service. Total worth of bonds to be sold by the city; Features of the ruling in the case; Implications of the ruling for other cities issuing bonds in Ohio.
- Wage data could provide direction. Rannazzisi, Julie // Bond Buyer;07/30/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30446, p1
Focuses on the sluggishness of trading results for tax exempt mortgage bonds in the United States on July 29, 1998. Top yield recorded by bonds from Financial Security Assurance; Spread between two-year notes and 30-year bond government bonds.
- `Prepayment boom' may hold investors back from mortgage revenue bonds. Cintron, Ivan // Bond Buyer;09/10/98, Vol. 325 Issue 30475, p7
Details findings of a report, entitled `The Prepayment Boom Arrives,' which shows an increase in prepayments on tax-exempt, single-family mortgage revenue bonds in the United States. Risk factors involved in prepayment activity; Comments of Merrill Lynch & Co. analyst Kurt van Kuller on factors...
- NEW YORK. // Bond Buyer;10/3/2011, Vol. 378 Issue 33592, p9
The article reports on the 739 million dollars of tax-exempt and tax new money that was sold by New York City (N.Y.C.) on September 2011, as well as on the general obligations bond it has reoffered.