Worldwide flight to quality takes munis along for the ride higher
- Munis Firmer to Kick Off Light Holiday Week. Scarchilli, Michael; Campbell, Dakin // Bond Buyer;11/20/2007, Vol. 362 Issue 32758, p2
The article reports that municipal market has shown signs of strength following the Treasury gains and rejecting a holiday-shortened week in the U.S. A trader stated that bonds are more expensive that lead them to get many trades as they can. The recent underperformance by municipals relative to...
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Wednesday, January 12. // Bond Buyer;1/13/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32049, p2
The article presents charts representing bond market snapshot for January 12, 2005 in the U.S. The economic indicator chart consists of data about international trade and treasury budget statement. Another chart shows that government securities prices and municipal bond index are in upswing.
- When Dumping Munis Is Risky Business. Tjornehoj, Jeff // Financial-planning.com;8/11/2015, p1
Clients may want to consider the impacts of headline risk on securities before pulling out of municipal bond investments.
- Market Post: High-Grade Week Draws to a Close. Smith, Kate // Bondbuyer.com;10/3/2014, p1
An eventful week will draw to a close on Friday, with light primary and secondary activity expected.
- Growing New York County doubles its debt load with new GO issue. Roy, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p1
Reports on Orange County, New York's plan to issue $60 million in bonds in August 1997. Concerns about population growth; Population figures from the 1970s to the 1990s; Graph comparing the results of bond issuance from 1991-1996.
- High-yield scarcity helps sale of a nonrated sewer refunding in Alabama. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p7
Reports on the growing popularity of high-yielding municipal bonds among investors. Bonds issue by Parish, Alabama in August 1997; Sale of New Orleans general obligation bonds; Prices.
- The Bond Buyer new-issue calendar. // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p8
Presents a listing of municipal bond and note offerings announced in August 1997. Competitive bond offerings; Competitive note offerings; Negotiated bonds; Issuer; Description; Amount; Financial adviser; Maturing.
- Sealed bids invited. Parkes, Tim // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p12
Presents a listing of municipal bond offerings announced in August 1997. Bond offerings in Arkansas; Connecticut; Indiana; Iowa; Kansas; Texas.
- Results of negotiated sales. Tracey, Yvonne; Roggio, Lillian // Bond Buyer;08/14/97, Vol. 321 Issue 30209, p15
Reports on the results of negotiated municipal bond sales completed in July-August 1997. California Economic Development Financing Authority; Macon-Bibb County Urban Development Authority; Cohasset, Minnesota; Taxable issues.