- Analysis of sales reps' pay requested. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;6/15/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p6
The article deals with a Senate Resolution in Hawaii that asks the Department of Taxation to investigate the fiscal impact and analyze the payment of general excise taxes on commissions earned by manufacturers' sales representatives on sales of imported tangible personal property. The department...
- HAWAII. // Sales & Use Tax Alert;7/15/2008, Vol. 18 Issue 12, p6
This section offers news briefs related to sales and use tax in Hawaii. An amendment to a general excise tax provision aims to clarify that the reduced 0.5% tax rate imposed on service-to-service wholesale transactions applies to a dealer's furnishing of goods or services to a purchaser of...
- Securities sales tax is resurrected. Anand, Vineeta; Limbacher, Patricia B. // Pensions & Investments;3/4/96, Vol. 24 Issue 5, p1
Focuses on the proposal of democratic lawmakers in the United stated to impose an excise tax on investors' sales of all securities which are held for fewer than two years. Value of excise tax; Projections on money which could be raise from tax; Impact of tax on investors.
- Filing dates for Form 4720. // Practical Accountant;Dec97, Vol. 30 Issue 12, p20
Presents information on the specific filing date found in final and temporary regulation (TD 8736), by which Form 4720 returns must be filed by disqualified persons and organization managers liable for Section 4958 excise taxes. Other information on the date.
- Announcement 94-8. // Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms Quarterly Bulletin;03/16/94-06/15/94, Vol. 2, p31
Provides information on excise tax on certain sales and uses of firearms and ammunition. Purpose of the announcement; Brief background on excise tax; Legal definition of `sale' of articles (firearms or ammunition); Regulations on excise tax.
- Congress reinstates the federal excise tax. Gilbert, Gordon A. // Business & Commercial Aviation;Sep96, Vol. 79 Issue 3, p17
Reports on Congress' vote to reinstate the 10-percent federal excise tax in 1996. Aviation companies' support for the measure.
- End Dems' Magical Thinking About 'Cadillac Tax'. Eskow, Richard // Progressive Populist;3/15/2010, Vol. 16 Issue 5, p14
The article focuses on the health excise tax concept which is called Cadillac Tax, where it would disproportionately affect plans with older people and those who are living in higher cost parts in the U.S.
- Excise Tax Waiver. // Practical Accountant;Apr2000, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p12
Cites a United States regulation which provides a waiver of the 100 percent tax imposed on an employer who maintains a pension plan for which there is an accumulated funding deficiency.
- Customs and Excise the new legislation. // Accountancy;Apr1979, Vol. 90 Issue 1028, p12
Focuses on the consolidation of the law relating to Customs and Excise in Great Britain. Implementation of the Acts; Exclusion of the Betting and Gaming Duties Acts, 1972 and the law on value added tax and car tax in the consolidation; Provisions of the Acts.