With $10M in New Capital, Northland Securities Returns to Trading
- MJSK Taps Thomson One Advisor. Schroeder, Mary // Securities Industry News;4/7/2003, Vol. 15 Issue 14, p13
Minneapolis-based Miller Johnson Steichen Kinnard (MJSK) has selected Thomson Financial Inc.'s Thomson One Advisor wealth management workstation and Thomson One Equity desktop to support 125 brokers and about 15 traders, respectively. The firm selected the Thomson financial products because they...
- STIFEL TO BUY MINNEAPOLIS BOUTIQUE'S RETAIL BUSINESS. Butler, Simon // On Wall Street;Dec2006, Vol. 16 Issue 12, p19
The article reports on the plans of Stifel Nicolaus to acquire the private client business of Miller Johnson Steichen Kinnard (MJSK), a Minneapolis, Minnesota-based investment firm. Stifel signed a letter of intent to acquire the business. Stifel which has more than 120 offices and a private...
- 300 Midwest Brokers Face Job Loss. Chapelle, Tony // On Wall Street;Dec2001, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p14
Predicts the dismissal of retail brokers working for Miller Johnson Steichen Kinnard, a subsidiary of MJK Clearing Inc., in 2001. Details on the liquidation of MJK Clearing; Finances of the subsidiary; Offer made by Stockwalk.
- Results of Negotiated Sales. // Bond Buyer;11/28/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32516, p18
The article provides information on the sale of negotiated bonds in different states of the U.S. The limited obligation school warrants, series 2006 of Macon County, were purchased by Frazer Lanier Co. Inc. The educational facility revenue bonds of Pima County industrial development authority...
- NASD Orders Northland to Pay $10M to Miller Johnson. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;9/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31975, p36
Reports on the order by the National Association of Securities Dealers arbitration panel for Northland Securities Inc. to pay Miller Johnson Steichen Kinnard $10 million in damages. Link of the order to the mass hiring of Northland of its competitor's staff in 2002; Struggle of Miller Johnson to...
- Competitive Bond Sales. // Bond Buyer;2/9/2016, Vol. 1 Issue 34457, p1
The article presents a list of competitive bond sales including Northland Securities Inc. Ahlers and Cooney and Bourbon Co.
- Northland Securities jumps into the private arena; hires three Piper Jaffrey private alumni. E.H. // Private Placement Letter;4/14/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 15, p4
Reports on Minneapolis, Minnesota-based brokerage Northland Securities' entry into the private placement market. Company's hiring of three private placement professionals formerly with U.S. Bancorp Piper Jaffray; Incorporation of a consulting group on the company's agricultural and project...
- Northland Hires a Fixed-Income Pro. Shields, Yvetie // Bond Buyer;7/16/2012, Vol. 381 Issue 33747, p3
The article informs about the hiring of James Kubik as a fixed-income managing director by Chicago- Minneapolis-based Northland Securities Inc. to expand its business in central state region.
- Northland Hires New Sales Manager. Shields, Yvette // Bond Buyer;2/06/2015, Vol. 1, p1
Minnesota-based Northland Securities has hired veteran Twin Cities-based sales manager Mike Harlander to head up its fixed income capital markets sales group as part of a growth effort.