THE BOND BUYER LEGISLATIVE STATUS REPORT
- ACCA Insider. // ACCA Insider;12/15/2010, Issue 386, p1
The article reports that the U.S. Senate has passed a tax extender bill that extends the "Bush Tax Cuts" for everyone for two additional year. The legislative bill also lowers the 25c tax credit benefits to pre-stimulus bill levels. The article also discusses some other issues, including...
- GOP, Dems still at odds on Medicare bill. // Medical Device Daily;7/10/2008, Vol. 12 Issue 132, p5
The article reports that the two U.S. political parties are still debating on the Medicare financing bill. The Democratic part are challenging Republicans not to vote for the bill, which would restore the 10.6% cuts to doctors under Part B, partly funded by cuts to Medicare Advantage plans that...
- Refinancing Wave Calling Attention to Subprime Prepay Penalties. Sinnock, Bonnie // National Mortgage News;01/22/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 17, p5
Discusses reasons why investors are becoming more interested in the fact that a large percentage of subprime mortgages carry prepayment penalties. Mitigation of prepayment risk; Theory that subprime or home equity product is slower to prepay than more mainstream loans; Laws in the United States...
- Reports Show Declaration of Mortgage Prepayment Speeds in July. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Sep2001, Vol. 5 Issue 7
Reports the deceleration of mortgage prepayment speeds among systems in the United States in July 2001. Comparison of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac speeds; Significance of the forty-five-day accounting scheme; Increase in speeds for loans with high combined loan-to-value ratios.
- Prepayment Rates Drop Sharply on Loans with Low Rates. Peters, Terry // Mortgage Servicing News;Mar2002, Vol. 6 Issue 2, p6
Reports the decline of prepayment rates for mortgage loans in the U.S. Discussions on refinancing activities; Effects of mortgage rates on prepayment rates; Relations between mortgage brokers and refinancings.
- Lenders Win Round in Prepayment Battle. // National Mortgage News;02/19/2001, Vol. 25 Issue 21, p23
Reports on the United States appeals court ruling which held that Virginia state regulators cannot enforce limits on prepayment penalties if state-licensed lenders adhere to federal regulations governing the 1982 Alternative Mortgage Transactions Parity Act. Federal preemptive powers of the...
- Corporate Tax Cut Bonanza. Gluckman, Amy // Dollars & Sense;Nov/Dec2004, Issue 256, p9
Provides information on the American Jobs Creation Act, a tax bill which provides corporate tax cut to U.S. corporations passed by the U.S. Congress in October 2004. Actual sum of tax breaks given to corporations; Provisions of the bill designed to benefit specific corporations and industries;...
- Italian mortgage repayments expected to pick up as terms of new law are defined. J. G. // Asset Securitization Report;5/14/2007, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p19
No abstract available.
- Prepayments start to haunt home lenders. Kulkosky, Edward // American Banker;8/19/1993, Vol. 158 Issue 159, p1
Reports on the home mortgage industry problems on prepayments. Losing loan servicing assets; Fleet Financial Group's $100 million charge to earnings in the second quarter of 1993; Marine Midland Banks Inc.'s exposure to prepayment risk; Countrywide Credit Industries' offsetting of servicing...