Metropolitan Areas to Reap Benefits of Texas Mobility Fund
- Clinton Approves Kansas-Missouri District With Issuing Power. Kinnander, Ola // Bond Buyer;11/02/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31009, p5
Reports on United States President Bill Clinton's signing of legislation that authorizes the creation of a Kansas-Missouri taxing district that would be allowed to sell bonds for cultural projects in the Kansas City metropolitan area. Restructuring of an existing bistate tax compact among four...
- Date set for Washington airports' refunding. Meisler, Daniel // Bond Buyer;04/12/99, Vol. 328 Issue 30617, p3
Announces that the Metropolitan Washington Airports Authority is planning to sell revenue refunding bonds in April 22, 1999. Value and structure of the bonds; Companies that will handle the transaction.
- Texas Transportation Commission OKs $21.5B Statewide Mobility Plan. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;11/22/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32015, p44
Reports on the Texas Transportation Commission's approval of a statewide mobility plan that, using bonds and cash financing, will speed up the timetable for transportation projects. Mobility plans presented by major metropolitan areas of the state; Plans to speed up highway, aviation and public...
- A New Road to Debt. DeSue, Tedra // Bond Buyer;7/2/2001, Vol. 337 Issue 31172, p1
Reports on the Georgia State Road & Tollway Authority's plans to use Garvee bonds to securitize federal grants for state Governor Roy Barnes' transportation program. Underwriters working with the authority for the bond deal; Previous bond issues by the state to fund road projects; Barnes'...
- RTA considering borrowing $115M. // Inside Tucson Business;4/11/2014, Vol. 23 Issue 43, p2
The article reports that the Regional Transportation Authority (RTA) Board is considering to pursue the issuance of revenue bonds up to $175 million.
- $3.8B transportation bond potential boon for LI. Markus, Stuart // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);10/13/2000, Vol. 47 Issue 41, p5A
Reports on the benefits for and share of Long Island of a transportation bond being considered by the New York Assembly. Development of the Pilgrim State Hospital grounds into rail freight yard and depot; Rail and port improvements; Highway and bridge projects.
- Manatee's Deal. Sigo, Shelly // Bond Buyer;3/25/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31849, p29
Reports on the plan of Manatee County, Florida to sell multimillion dollars of transportation revenue refunding and improvement bonds. Uses of the proceeds; Remarks from Manatee finance director Jim Seuffert regarding the development.
- Transportation Tops Rhode Island's $218 Million Wish List of Bonds. Higginbotham, Stacey // Bond Buyer;09/21/2000, Vol. 333 Issue 30980, p4
Reports that the majority of government bond issues in Rhode Island will be used to finance transportation projects in the state. Amount allocated by the state to transportation projects; Breakdown of the state's bond issues; Current amount in outstanding debt incurred by the state government.
- Oklahoma OKs Upcoming Garvee Sales. Albanese, Elizabeth // Bond Buyer;10/30/2000, Vol. 334 Issue 31006, p48
Highlights the decision of Oklahoma Bond Oversight Commission to approve putting federal highway funds toward repaying the bonds over the next 10 years. Value of the bonds to be issued by the state Department of Transportation; Legislature's approval of the use of grant anticipation revenue...