Gov. Schwarzenegger Vetoes Tribal Tax-Exempt Bond Bill
- Rising Taxables Pressure Tax-Exempt Yields. Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;2/9/2011, Vol. 375 Issue 33464, p2
The article reports on the impact of the increasing taxable yields on tax-exempt yields. It states that the Municipal Market Data triple-A 10-year scale rose one base point to 3.39%, the 20-year is 4.62%, and 4.95% for 30-year bond. Moreover, the U.S. Treasury Department auctioned three-year...
- Tax-Exempt Bonds Closing Agreement Program. // Practical Accountant;Nov2001, Vol. 34 Issue 11, p16
Discusses the United States Internal Revenue Service's creation of a voluntary closing agreement program for tax-exempt bonds discussed in 'Notice 2001-60.' Opportunity for bond issuers and conduit borrowers to correct violations of the tax law and regulations on tax-exempt bonds; Contact...
- Uniform audits ahead? Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/08/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30721, p1
Reports on the uniformity in the tax-exempt bond enforcement program of the United States government. Maturity of the regulation of municipal bonds; Growth of intermediate sanctions regime.
- Clinton's looming veto jeopardizes bond programs in Republican tax cut bill. Resnick, Amy B. // Bond Buyer;09/10/99, Vol. 329 Issue 30723, p5
Reports on the spate of tax-exempt bond proposals in the United States Congress' $792 billion tax bill. Negotiation of a tax deal; Provisions of the appropriations bill in the US Congress.
- TAX-EXEMPT BONDS: A SACRED COW THAT GAVE (SOME) MILK. Zimmerman, Dennis // National Tax Journal;Sep89, Vol. 42 Issue 3, p283
This article addresses issues related to tax-exempt bonds in the U.S. as of September 1989. Entitled to reverence and respect or holy might leap to the minds of many state and local officials, investment bankers, and bond lawyers upon seeing the term sacred used to refer to tax-exempt bonds. But...
- Final yield-burning rules. // Practical Accountant;Mar99, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p14
Reports on the issuance of tax regulations on arbitrage restrictions for tax-exempt bonds in the United States.
- Prince George's County, Md., Delays $65 Million Borrowing. Newman, Emily // Bond Buyer;11/30/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32019, p4
The article focuses on issues related to public finance in Prince George County, Virginia. Although officials in Prince George's County, have announced they will break ground for the $ I billion National Harbor hotel and convention center project on Thursday, plans for the county to issue $65...
- Counting on Kids. Resnick, Amy // Governing;Feb2004, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p90
Reports on the expected issuance of a tax exemption bond of the state of Alaska in 2004 which is supported by a pledge of the payments on student loans in its 2003 consolidation loan portfolio. Government agency in Alaska that will issue the bond; Amount of the student loans.
- Schwarzenegger Vetoes Tax-Free Bonds, Signs Sacred Lands Protection. // American Indian Report;Nov2004, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p26
Reports on the decision of California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger to veto a bill that would have allowed American Indian tribes in the state to issue tax-free bonds to finance major projects. Basis of the governor's decision; Reason for the opposition to the bill by the California State...