Treasuries, Municipals End Down As October Starts With a Whimper
- Munis, Treasuries Show Little Response to Data. Curran, William; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;8/4/2006, Vol. 358 Issue 32438, p2
The article discusses the performance of the municipal bond market in the U.S. on August 3, 2006. Both the municipal bonds and Treasuries showed little reaction to economic data. Investors are still waiting for clues as to whether the Federal Open Market Committee will adjust monetary policy...
- MARKET STATISTICS. // Bond Buyer;3/30/2004, Vol. 347 Issue 31852, p36
Provides statistics related to the bond market in the United States as of March 30, 2004. Municipal market data general obligation yields; Securities prices; Municipal bond prices; Short-term tax-exempt yields.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Monday, Aug. 16. // Bond Buyer;8/17/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31949, p2
Presents an update on the performance of the bond market in the United States on august 16, 2004. Empire Manufacturing Index; Government securities prices; Municipal bond index.
- Munis Remain Firm, Treasuries End Lower After Quiet Session. Chesla, Nicholas // Bond Buyer;8/23/2004, Vol. 349 Issue 31953, p2
Reports on the municipal bond market and cash bonds in the U.S. as of August 20, 2004. Increase in the price of oil; Likelihood of improvement in durable goods orders; Statement of Lynn Reaser, chief economist at Banc of America Capital Management regarding the Institute for Supply Management...
- Munis Finish Easier as Treasuries Make Return to Positive Territory. Johnosn, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;10/19/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 31992, p2
Reports on the performance of the bond market in the U.S. for October 18,2 004. Performance of the municipal bond market; Tax-exempt bond performance.
- Munis Stabilizing, Except for Long End; Arizona College District Issues $190M. Johnson, Anastasija; Curran, Bill // Bond Buyer;2/23/2005, Vol. 351 Issue 32076, p2
No abstract available.
- Technical Rally in Longer-Dated Treasuries Inspires Firmer Munis. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;11/29/2005, Vol. 354 Issue 32267, p2
The article reports on the reluctance of investors to invest in the bond market despite positive performance of longer-dated Treasuries municipal bond market in the U.S. The municipal bond 10-year note yield 4.4 percent in the market and a few points higher due to inflation fears and...
- Munis Continue Sell Off, Despite Late Day Support. Curran, Bill; Scarchilli, Michael // Bond Buyer;3/31/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32351, p2
The article focuses on the sale of bonds in the Municipal and Treasury markets which continuous selling pushed some increase in bond prices. Due to this, traders state that the tax-exempt yields rise at least by four basis points, though trader in New York admits that the Munis bond market is...
- Munis Improve Along With Treasuries As Over $1.5B of New Deals Sell Well. Johnson, Anastasija // Bond Buyer;4/1/2004, Vol. 348 Issue 31854, p2
Reports on the results of trading in the U.S. municipal bonds market as of march 31, 2004. Major issues; Gains posted by government bonds; Pricing patterns.