NEWS IN BRIEF
- The Economy. // Labor Law Journal;Dec64, Vol. 15 Issue 12, p754
This article tracks down economic indicators in the United States. Most of the components of the Consumer Price Index rose in price during October 1964. Personal income rose to almost a billion dollars to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 498.6 billion dollars. There was a decline in new...
- Economic Optimism Elusive. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;9/3/2014, pA01
4 The IBD/TIPP Economic Optimism Index rose to 45.2 in Sept. from 44.5 in Aug., which was the lowest reading of '14. The sentiment gauge has been below the neutral 50 level for nearly 2 years. Five years into the economic expansion, 47% of Americans say they believe the U.S. is still in a...
- U.S. consumer sentiment at all-time high. Hoxter, Curtis J. // Caribbean Business;2/10/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p12
Reports that consumer sentiment in the United States surged to an all-time high in January 2000 due to the growth of the economy and the decline in unemployment. Figures from the Conference Board's index gauging US households' economic outlook; Consumer spending; Total economic output; Strength...
- Consumer Confidence Drops For Third Consecutive Month. Weitzman, Jennifer // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/29/2000, Vol. 180 Issue 122, p2
Reports on the reduction of consumer confidence in the U.S. for December 2000. Prospects for the year 2001; Forecast of economic slowdown; Decline of the Composite Index of Leading Economic Indicators.
- MARKET SNAPSHOT: Tuesday, March 28. // Bond Buyer;03/29/2000, Vol. 331 Issue 30859, p2
Provides a snapshot of economic indicators in the United States as of March 28, 2000. Consumer confidence levels; Prices of government securities.
- THE ECONOMY BY THE NUMBERS. // Publishers Weekly;10/31/2005, Vol. 252 Issue 43, p4
This article provides information on the state of the economy in the U.S. as of October 31, 2005, including statical data on consumer confidence.
- Consumer Confidence Declined in February. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;3/1/2006, Vol. 355 Issue 32329, p2
The article reports on the decline of the consumer confidence index in the United States in February 2006. The consumer confidence index declined to 101.7 from an upwardly revised 106.8 in January, according to a report by the Conference Board.
- Consumer Confidence Up to 144.4 in May. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;05/31/2000, Vol. 332 Issue 30902, p2
Reports on a rise in the consumer confidence index of the United States in May 2000. Renewed confidence of consumers about economic conditions in the US.
- What Recession? What Recovery? The Arrival of the 21st Century Consumer. Curtin, Richard // Business Economics;Apr2003, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p25
Consumer confidence is a fairly accurate predictor of macroeconomic change. Recently, measures of consumer confidence have been giving ambiguous signals about consumer confidence and future economic growth. The factors behind the levels of consumer confidence as of the end of September 2002 are...