Fighting the real bullies
- EVERYONE LOVES A BULLY. Svoboda, Elizabeth // Psychology Today;Mar/Apr2004, Vol. 37 Issue 2, p20
Focuses on the bullies in the U.S. middle schools. Misconception about bullies; Characteristics of a bully; Reason for the habitual bullying behavior of some children; Best way to deal with bullies.
- Focus on the Wonder Years: Challenges Facing the American Middle School (Book). // Future Survey;Aug2004, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p13
Reviews the book "Focus on the Wonder Years: Challenges Facing the American Middle School," by Jaana Juvonen et al.
- Effects of group and situational factors onpre-adolescent children's attitudes to school bullying. Nesdale, Drew; Scarlett, Michael // International Journal of Behavioral Development;Sep2004, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p428
This study examined the effect on pre-adolescent children's attitudes to bullying of one group-based variable (group status) and two situational variables (rule legitimacy and rule consistency). Pre-adolescent boys ( n = 229) read a story about a group of boys who had high or low (handball)...
- RELATION BETWEEN SCHOOL BULLYING DURING ADOLESCENCE AND SUBSEQUENT LONG-TERM UNEMPLOYMENT IN ADULTHOOD IN A FINNISH SAMPLE. Varhama, Lasse M.; Björkqvist, Kaj // Psychological Reports;Apr2005, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p269
The relationship between school bullying in adolescence and long- term unemployment in adulthood was investigated. A questionnaire was distributed to 68 participants of a training program for people with long-term unemployment in Finland. Responses were compared with data of a nationwide...
- Bullying behaviour and psychosocial health among school students in New South Wales, Australia ... Forero, Roberto; McLellan, Lyndall // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/07/99, Vol. 319 Issue 7206, p344
Presents information on a study which examined the prevalence of bullying behaviors in schoolchildren in New South Wales, Australia, and the association of bullying with psychological and psychosomatic health. Participants and methods; Results and discussion.
- Personal and Social Characteristics of Schoolchildren Involved in Bullying in Primary Education. S�nchez, Consuelo; Cerezo, Fuensanta // Electronic Journal of Research in Educational Psychology;2010, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p1015
Introduction. According to the latest Ombudsman's report, aggressive behavior happens frequently in our country's schools (Spain), appearing in all its manifestations: insults, threats, physical aggression, social isolation, etc. Now, however, we are witnessing a growing interest in this...
- PatyÄiÅ³ bendrojo lavinimo mokykloje samprata: prieÅ¾asÄiÅ³, formÅ³ ir pasekmiÅ³ diskursas. Targamadzė, Vilija; Valeckienė, Džiuginta // Acta Paedagogica Vilnensia;2007, Vol. 19, p159
The article attempts to analyze the interpretation spread of conception of bullying in comprehensive school, emphasizing both multi-dimension of bullying and its purposeful linking to bullying forms, reasons and consequences. Researches of Olweus (1999), Smith, (2000) demonstrate that it is...
- Stop Bullying! // Scholastic Action;4/24/2006, Vol. 29 Issue 13, p21
The article presents views of elementary students on how they would stop bullying in their schools. Stefone G. says that he would write poems and rhymes to help stop bullying. Joey H. says that he will not fight with a bully. Kashawn M. states that he will make good choices about who his friends...
- THE BULLY BLIGHT. Lemonick, Michael D.; Coady, Elizabeth; Holton, Avery; Song, Sora; Steptoe, Sonja // Time;4/18/2005, Vol. 165 Issue 16, p144
Reports that scientists are finding that victims of bullying suffer more than previously believed. How the American Medical Association has warned that bullying is a public-health issue with long-term mental-health consequences for both bullies and their victims; Questions as to why bullying...