Wellness pays off
- Boomers bloom. Johnson, Lisa // American Fitness;Nov/Dec96, Vol. 14 Issue 6, p44
Focuses on the growing popularity of physical fitness among members of the baby boom generation. Number of babies born after World War II; Popularity of low-impact and no-impact forms of exercise; Importance of cardiovascular workouts for baby boomers; Strength training.
- Baby boomers drive nutraceuticals market. // Prepared Foods;Feb98, Vol. 167 Issue 2, p27
Reports on baby boomers consuming nutraceuticals in an effort to stave off aging and disease. Growth of the United States nutraceutical market from $11 billion to $16.7 billion; Basis of the healthy eating trend; Identification of several manufacturers who have specifically targeting baby...
- Health and aging among baby boomers. Blanchette, Patricia Lanoie; Valcour, Victor G. // Generations;Spring98, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p76
Looks at issues concerning health and welfare of the baby boom generation in the United States as they age. Decline of disability burden among aging baby boomers; Increase of people affected with cognitive impairments; Combination of factors to intermingle work, education, retraining and...
- Ten symptoms to watch, tests to take. Nemes, Judith // Crain's Chicago Business;1/20/97, Vol. 20 Issue 3, pH4
Presents a list of symptoms which baby boomers should be concerned about, with regards to their health and hygiene. Comments from Dr. Guy Kochvar; Standard immunization of executives.
- Fitness goes gray. Chace, Susan // Self;Nov97, Vol. 19 Issue 11, p108
Presents information on the exercising habits of the generation of baby boomers, who are reaching the age of 50 in 1997. Reasons for the health conscious behavior; Changes gyms have had to accommodate this group; Citing the Elmwood Fitness Center in Harahan, Louisiana.
- Baby Boomers into Spa Power...Right On! O'Reilly, Bill // Fort Worth Business Press;2/1/2002, Vol. 15 Issue 5, p37
Explores the baby boomers and spa in the U.S. Definition of a spa; Spa trend aimed at boomers; Reasons why boomers feel the need for a spa life.
- What's Driving Sales Of LTC To The Boomers? // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/28/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 30, p14
Reports on the factors driving the sales of long-term care insurance among baby boomers in the U.S. Concerns of baby boomers about their health and susceptibility to ailments; Perception by baby boomers that neither the government nor their children will finance their treatment needs;...
- Helping Boomers Through The Major Medical Maze. // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/28/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 30, p16
Discusses how financial advisors can help affluent baby boomers find major medical coverage in the U.S. Difficulty of finding medical coverage for baby boomers who are not eligible to guaranteed-issue policies under insurance laws; Range of insurance products for baby boomers in need of medical...
- Ageism. Ghosh, Sabitri // Alive: Canada's Natural Health & Wellness Magazine;Nov2002, Issue 241, p36
Discusses health experts' view that baby boomers could take a strong stand against age discrimination in health care. Ways in which ageism is different from other forms of discrimination; Failure of many in the medical establishment to recognize that older patients react differently to drugs...