Meet the Parents
- Britain excels in academic capitalism. Dickson, David // Nature Medicine;Feb99, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p131
Reports on a survey on the start-up companies established by universities in Great Britain. Growth in links between higher education and industry; Revenues of higher education institutions from their start-up companies; Distribution of the business activities of universities.
- Identification of university-based patents: A new large-scale approach. Dornbusch, Friedrich; Schmoch, Ulrich; Schulze, Nicole; Bethke, Nadine // Research Evaluation;Mar2013, Vol. 22 Issue 1, p52
Recent political initiatives and changes in the intellectual property rights systems of European countries call for improved evaluation methods. The aim of this article is to present a new approach to the identification of academic patents and to test its applicability. The approach is based on...
- Proof of Concept Centers in the United States: an exploratory look. Bradley, Samantha; Hayter, Christopher; Link, Albert // Journal of Technology Transfer;Aug2013, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p349
In this paper we identify the population of 32 US university-related Proof of Concept Centers (PoCCs), and we present a model of technology development that identifies the economic role of PoCCs within that model. We examine the broad technology transfer challenges that PoCCs have been...
- Inside the Triple Helix: Technology Transfer And Commercialization In The Life Sciences. Campbell, Eric G.; Powers, Joshua B.; Blumenthal, David; Blies, Brian // Health Affairs;Jan/Feb2004, Vol. 23 Issue 1, p64
The transfer and subsequent application of academic research results has demonstrable benefits for health care, researchers, universities, companies, and local economies. Nonetheless, at least three general concerns exist: bias in the reporting of results, limited revenues from these activities,...
- State's life-science success up to UM. Bailey, Laura // Crain's Detroit Business;10/14/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 41, p3
Reports the establishment of life-science industry initiative of the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan. Relationship between commercialization and technology transfer; Incorporation of research with productivity; Provision of direction and link resources for startups. INSET: UM...
- What Is a Corporate University, and Why Should an Organization Have One? Allen, Mark // Corporate University Handbook;2002, p1
An introduction to the book "The Corporate University Handbook" is presented.
- Updated tech transfer rules nearing approval. Rademacher, Kevin // Inside Tucson Business;05/03/99, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p7
Reports on the near completion of the Arizona Board of Regents' technology transfer rules. Participation of university and business leaders; Benefit of rule improvements for companies.
- The Strategic Role of University-Industry Liaison Offices. Fassin, Yves // Journal of Research Administration;2000, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p31
Describes the role of the university-industry liaison offices in universities in the United States. Voluntary interaction between the faculty and the liaison officers; Internal marketing of the liaison offices in the universities; Enhancement of academic ventures.
- Report bodes well for STTR program. Kiernan, Vincent // Laser Focus World;Mar96, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p51
Focuses on a report issued by the US General Accounting Office on the Small Business Technology Transfer (STTR) federal program that prods business and universities to team up. Proposals and awards; Authorization of federal agencies to set aside a portion of their research budget for STTR...