A Challenging Last Dash
- Industry Groups Battle Over Soft Dollars. // Traders Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 230, p14
Reports on the action taken by a securities industry group on making its case to the regulators that professional using soft-dollar arrangement profit at the expense of investors. Benefits of soft-dollar arrangements; Recommendation of the forum on a fund board under the leadership of its...
- Asset Prices in General Equilibrium with Recursive Utility and Illiquidity Induced by Transactions Costs. Buss, Adrian; Uppal, Raman; Vilkov, Grigory // INSEAD Working Papers Collection;2014, Issue 1, preceding p1
In this paper, we study the effect of proportional transaction costs on consumptionportfolio decisions and asset prices in a dynamic general equilibrium economy with a financial market that has a single-period bond and two risky stocks, one of which incurs the transaction cost. Our model has...
- Will Reg NMS Go Up in Flames? // Traders Magazine;Sep2004, Vol. 17 Issue 230, p14
Reports on the assumption of several trading industry officials on the trade-through rule reform and Reg NMS proposals to be dead for the year 2004. Apprehension on any action fees and proposal on market data; Reasons for the dissolution of the REg NMS proposal; Review of the Reg NMS proposals.
- Competitive Bond Offerings. // Bond Buyer;12/1/2004, Vol. 350 Issue 32020, p8
This article lists bond offerings of various companies. Some of the companies listed are Paoli Comm Sch Corp., Essex, and Robinson & Cole.
- Risky vs. safe investments. Rosen, Steve // Women in Business;Nov/Dec90, Vol. 42 Issue 6, p10
Presents a guide for deciding on taking risky investments that pay a high return or choosing lower-yielding investments that are safe and conservative. Treasury securities; Municipal bonds; Corporate bonds; High-dividend stocks.
- MARKET INDEX. // Grand Rapids Business Journal;10/13/2003, Vol. 21 Issue 41, p49
Presents an analysis of the market performance of stocks and bonds in Michigan as of October 13, 2003.
- UAE: Sukuk Yield Down On Improved Market Sentiment. // Emerging Markets Monitor;7/20/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p19
The article offers an outlook for the yield on the Dubai Sukuk Centre 2012 instrument in the United Arab Emirates. The instrument reached 13.0% on July 16 and its performance is linked to that of the Dubai Financial Markets General Index. A scope for yield compression is expected as Dubai's...
- Lone Star State Deals Lead $3.92B Calendar. Albano, Christine // Bond Buyer;1/22/2008, Vol. 363 Issue 32799, p7
The article reports on the $1.1 billion deal from the Texas Transportation Commission (TTC) that is scheduled to arrive in Texas. The TTC deal consists of serial bonds maturing from 2009 to 2033 with a term bond expected in 2037. The bonds are rated Aa1 by Moody's Investors Service, AA by...
- Visible Supply by State. // Bond Buyer;11/19/2014, Issue 34213, p1
A chart is presented that lists bond supplies and pricing in various U.S. states as of November 19, 2014.