- Activewear Firms Play the Field. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;12/4/2003, Vol. 186 Issue 114, p18
Reports on trends in the activewear and sporting goods industries. Activewear companies's expansion of target markets; Marketing strategies by activewear firms like Adidas America and Burton; Popular styles.
- Female athleticwear. // Discount Store News;2/21/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 4, p20
Focuses on the success of women's athletic apparel in 1999. Features of Timex's Rush, a line of athletic wrist watches designed for women; Success of the Hanes Sports line.
- Women's Athletic Stores on the Rise. Kletter, Melanie // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/20/2006, Vol. 191 Issue 84, p10
This article reports on the growing trend of athletic specialty stores for women being established in the U.S. These stores are offering a fresh approach to selling women's athleticwear, which for many years does not have a separate retail environment. According to the NPD Group and the Sporting...
- ON A FASHION ROLL. Gonzalez, Isabel // Time;6/23/2003, Vol. 161 Issue 25, p79
With the popularity of throwback jerseys still in full swing--old-school jerseys from professional U.S. sports teams are showing up on celebrities and regular folks alike--yet another sport has been added to the mix: women's roller-derby uniforms.
- Bodywear tones up. Lee, Georgia // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/25/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 17, WWDSport p18
Reports on the participation of several bodywear manufacturers in the 1996 Super Show in Atlanta, Georgia. Introduction of performance-oriented products which integrate function and fashion; Display of various advanced fabrics; Description of products from several participating bodywear...
- Sidelines. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/20/1998, Vol. 176 Issue 36, p10
Presents news on the sport clothes and sporting goods industry in the United States. Plans of specialty store chain Blades to open a store in Staten Island Mall; Features of the Action Sports Retailer Show; Inclusion of Magic Wear's president Richard Coleman in the motion picture `There's...
- New goal: Sell, sell, sell. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;7/15/1999, Vol. 178 Issue 10, p13
Focuses on marketing trends affecting the business of sports clothing merchandisers in the United States in 1999. Partnerships with sports events to market related merchandise; Openings of new stores.
- Super Show updates activewear buyers. // Discount Store News;3/3/97, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p4
Reports on trends in activewear retailing as observed at the Super Show '97 held in Atlanta, Georgia. Potential growth for the athletic segment of the market; Trends in color, fabrication and style; Background on several sporting good companies present at the show.
- Buyers set to score. Feitelberg, Rosemary // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;1/25/1996, Vol. 171 Issue 17, WWDSport p14
Reports on the holding of the 1996 Super Show in the Georgia World Congress Center. Exhibition of the latest designs in women's activewear; Participation of major sporting goods stores in the event; Increase in sales of women's activewear in the United States.