The Race Is On
- A Catalog Comes to Life. Griffin, Cara // SGB;Jun2005, Vol. 39 Issue 6, p16
Provides information on a Road Runner Sports store in Seattle, Washington. Location of the store; Description of the store; Quality of service in the store.
- SPECIALTY RUNNING STORES. // Runner's World;Nov2012, Vol. 47 Issue 11, p135
The article offers information on specialty running stores including the Triathlete Store in California that offers apparel and gear for swimming, hiking, and running, the Gord's Running Store in Canada that sells running shoes, clothing and accessories, and the Marathon Sports in Massachusetts.
- FAITH SKATE SUPPLY. // Transworld Skateboarding;Sep2007, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p232
This article features a store called Faith Skate Supply located in Birmingham, Alabama. It is noted that Faith Skate Supply is the only core skate shop owned and operated by a skater. Faith has been supporting skaters in the state since opening its doors in 1995. With two shop videos under their...
- Wise sporting goods watchers are curbing their outdoor enthusiasm. Troy, Mike // DSN Retailing Today;10/11/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 19, p9
Comments on the growth of sporting stores in the U.S. Increase in the interest of outdoor activities among consumers; Surge in the expansion activity of sporting stores; Concerns on the unsustainability of the growth of the industry.
- Road Runner Sports races toward retail. Tierney, Jim // Multichannel Merchant (Penton Media, Inc.);Oct2006, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p7
The article deals with the retail expansion plans of San Diego, California-based running equipment and apparel cataloger Road Runner Sports Inc. The company plans to open six new stores in 2006 and 15 in 2007. According to retail general manager Bob Bell, their expansion is a way of taking their...
- Performance Art. Leand, Judith // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, Special Section p12
Deals with the efforts of performance footwear vendors to gain an edge with running specialty retailers and consumers as the running category continues to grow in the U.S. in 2004. Remarks from Asics vice president of marketing and communications Gary Slayton on the increasing popularity of...
- Room to Run? BEAUDRY, JENNIFER ERNST // FN: Footwear News;11/29/2010, Vol. 66 Issue 44, p12
The article informs that all retail segments have profited from the desire of more people running for health. According to the Independent Running Retailers Association, mall retailers and family footwear chains have seen sales increase drastically due to popularity of running. It has been...
- Running Specialty Dashes Away with Run Colorado. Collins, Allison // Mergers & Acquisitions Report;12/1/2014, p1
The deal brings the buyer to 66 specialty shops, as consumer interest in health and fitness escalates
- Leading the Pack. Bhonslay, Marianne // SGB;Nov2004, Vol. 37 Issue 11, Special Section p8
Provides information on two running gear retailers that cater to women in the U.S. Information on the See Jane Run retail store by Lori Shannon in San Francisco, California; Reason of Shannon for opening the store; Background on the Fleet Feet franchise opened by Susan Frankel with husband...