David and Goliath
- Tough Lessons. Powell, Matt // SGB;Oct2006, Vol. 39 Issue 10, p6
The article offers a look at the Back-To-School season in the sporting goods industry in 2006. According to the author, sales were strongest in full-line sporting goods stores in the Pacific and Mountain regions and weakest in New England. Nike dominated the overall top-seller list. Under...
- Under Armour's Cyber Plan. Investor's Business Daily // Investors Business Daily;10/2/2015, pA01
6 The No. 2 U.S. sportswear brand aims to topple reigning champ
- NIKE, UA VIE FOR NBA JERSEY RIGHTS. Schultz, E.J. // Advertising Age;3/23/2015, Vol. 86 Issue 5, p0004
The article reports on the competition between athletic product companies Nike and Under Armour for the rights to become the official jersey supplier of the National Basketball Association (NBA). Topics discussed include the termination of the contract between sports apparel company Adidas and...
- Foot Locker Q2 Comps Hit Their Stride. ELAINE LOW // Investors Business Daily;8/21/2015, p00
The article reports on the financial performance of several sporting goods companies in the second quarter of 2015, highlighting sportswear firm Foot Locker Inc. which posted an increase in same store sales. These companies include Under Armour, Hibbett Sporting Goods, and Nike Inc.. Comments...
- Under Armour Launches Performance Eyewear. Carroll, Deirdre // Vision Monday;5/21/2007, Vol. 21 Issue 6, p112
The article reports on the launch of Performance Eyewear sunwear collection by Under Armour, a sport performance apparel firm. The sunwear collection, which was created for sport enthusiasts, was released through Eyeking LLC in New York. Raphael Peck, vice president of product creation and...
- UNDER ARMOUR OPENS EUROPEAN HEADQUARTERS. Ryan, Thomas J. // SGB;Feb2006, Vol. 39 Issue 2, p11
The article announces the opening of the European headquarters of Under Armour sports gear company in Amsterdam, Netherlands. Under Armour has also promoted one of its partners, Ryan Wood, to president of international business. The Baltimore-based company will operate its European sales,...
- Nike unveils sixth unit in L.A. Ellis, Kristi // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;8/22/1996, Vol. 172 Issue 37, p12
Reports on the opening of the sixth store of Nike in Los Angeles, California. Number of store openings by the year 2000; Ribbon-cutting by Olympic swimming team member Tisha Venturini; Presence of Olympic athletes Olympic runner Michael Johnson and professional beach volleyball player Gabrielle...
- Biggest Nike Town set for '96 debut in N.Y. Moin, David // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;4/26/1995, Vol. 169 Issue 80, p2
Reports on Nike Inc.'s plans to open a Nike Town store in New York City in November 1996. Other Nike Town units owned and operated by Nike Inc.; Comments by Nike vice president of retail Bruce A. Fabel.
- Nike's NY groundbreaking. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;11/9/1995, Vol. 170 Issue 88, p11
Cites Nike Inc.'s breaking of ground on November 9, 1995 for a Nike Town location in New York City. Opening of the store in November 1996; Dimensions; Other units planned for 1996.